Chapter Seven- Dysfunctional Family

We're The Definition Of A Dysfunctional Family.

"Well... this is not good." Five grumbled once they had gone outside. Cassandra still had no idea what was going on.

"I was pretty good though right? I was all like, "What about my consent, bitch?" And Cassie was...well she did her part." Klaus rambled, no one was really listening to him.

"I played along with your divorce story." Cassandra defended cheerfully and Klaus seemed to consider this before beaming at her.

"And you've never made me happier!"

"It doesn't matter!" Five snapped, storming off and plonking himself down angrily on the stone steps.

"What? What's the big deal with this eye anyway?" Klaus asked, slumping down on the step next to Five and rummaging around in his pockets.

"There's someone out there who's going to lose an eye in the next seven days." Five explained as Cassandra sat down on the step next to him. "They're going to bring about the end of life on this earth as we know it."

"What?" Cassandra asked. It was the only thing she could think of to say even though there were a thousand questions she needed answering.

"Yeah, can I get that twenty bucks like now or what?" Klaus asked. Five completely ignored him and took the eye out of his blazer pocket. He turned it about in his palm. Cassandra started at it, mesmerized as Five tossed it up in the air and caught it again. 

An image flashed in front of her eyes but disappeared too quickly for her to have noticed anything. Then another image came into view. It stayed for a few seconds. It was Vanya. Then it faded. Cassandra blinked hard, trying to clear her head and stood up. 

Suddenly the ground beneath her feet fell away and she was weightless in her vision. Everything was bright white for a moment before it faded into a real image. 

Everything was dark and it was raining. Cassandra could even feel the raindrops hit her skin. Her visions hadn't been this real since she was a child. Vanya was there again, standing directly in front of her. Although she wasn't exactly standing, she was being held back by an aggressive looking man. She was screaming and protesting and struggling to free herself but she couldn't. In the back of her mind, Cassandra could hear the all too familiar thumping of someone being beaten.

"Cass! Woah, is she okay?" Cassandra heard as the vision faded. She saw Klaus' head pop into sight above her own. She felt his arms tighten around her waist. Her feet scrambled around to find her footing on the steps. She must have fallen.

"Vanya." She whispered.

"No, Vanya's not going to pay me! It's this, darling little...shit here that needs to cough up." Klaus persisted bitterly as he set Cassandra back on her feet and loomed over Five.