one

•••

•••

As he waited outside the small coffee shop in Boston, he looked around anxiously, wary of everyone and anyone.

"For a wanted man Barnes, you're shit at disguises." A familiar voice remarked.

Bucky smirked looking up to a woman stood in front of him.

"Your red hair's not exactly invisible Natasha." He retorted.

"I'm not hiding." She replied as she sat down.

"Fair point." He told her.

"So, what do you want Barnes?" she asked him as she took a sip of the coffee he'd gotten for her.

"I need to find someone, a woman."

"That doesn't really narrow it down." She laughed.

"Her names Ellie Ward, I got told that you might know her." He said to her.

He could immediately tell that she knew the name. The subtle shift in her complexion gave it away.

"I've never heard of her." Natasha lied.

"You're lying Nat. How do you know her?" He replied.

Natasha sighed before answering, "We have a complicated past, but she's one of my best-friends."

"What do you mean a complicated past?" He asked curiously.

"That's not any of your business Barnes." She snapped.

"Jeez, alright!" He muttered.

"I don't known why you're looking for her, but I can tell you this. She doesn't want to be found. S.H.I.E.L.D have spent the last year trying to find her after what happened in Sokovia, and all they found was dead ends."

"So she's ex-S.H.I.E.L.D? Why did she leave?"

"She never really told us, but she was an avenger and an agent, we were all really shocked when she left."

"Do you know where she is?"

"Do you know where she is?" she smirked.

"Please, Natasha." he sighed.

"She's powerful, gifted. She was one of S.H.I.E.L.D's greatest assets."

"That's probably why HYDRA wants her dead then. If S.H.I.E.L.D had her then HYDRA could be threatened." He said aloud, mainly to himself.

"HYDRA wants her dead?" Natasha asked, a hint of fear and concern in her voice, to which Bucky just nodded.

"Is she a threat?" He asked her.

"Depends who she's fighting." She shrugged.

"I need to talk to her."

Natasha sighed and thought for a moment about what to do.

"Probably don't want to meet in the same place do you?"

"Not really." He told her quietly.

"Are you going to talk to Steve?" Natasha asked as she began to write down an address on a napkin.

"You know I cant. Are you going to talk to Steve?" He smirked.

"Do you want my help?" She threatened, looking up at him. He shrunk under her glare not saying another word. "That's what I thought."

"Meet her here." She told him handing him the napkin, "Tell her that I told you where she is before you do anything else and then maybe she wont be so mad that you tried to kill her."

"Thank you Nat." He said genuinely as she stood up, "If you ever need anything let me know."

"Good luck, you're gonna need it." Natasha laughed before walking away.

- - -

Ellie groaned as her phone rang out loudly, she sat up looking down and realising she was naked and that the person she was with the night before was no longer there. "Shit." She mumbled, picking up her phone.

"Hello?"

"Fucking finally, could you open your front door please?"

"Nat! What the fuck its so early! And I'm not having a good couple of days at the moment so can you fuck off."

"Ellie its midday." Natasha told her as she hung up.

"Oh shit." She muttered, standing up and tying her hair back. The knocking got louder causing her to yell "WAIT."

She went to the front door and opened it to see Natasha stood outside with an impatient look on her face.

"What took you so long?" Nat asked as she placed the bags of groceries she had in her hands on her kitchen side.

"I was tying my hair up." She shrugged.

"You didn't think putting on clothes or even a blanket would have been more important?"

"Its nothing you haven't seen before." Ellie laughed, causing Natasha to roll her eyes as Ellie walked back into her bedroom and putting some pants and an oversized t-shirt.

"Wasn't my point El. Who was the Victim last night?" Natasha smirked, putting away more groceries.

"Hey! You know as well as anyone, that people I sleep with are not victims, they are blessed, and it was some fit guy from the bar." She replied grabbing some orange juice out of the fridge.

"Ellie, you were at the bar?" Natasha asked angrily.

"I didn't drink."

Natasha sighed before speaking, "Promise?"

"I swear on your life." Ellie replied looking Nat in the eyes.

"You, are going to be the death of me." Natasha smirked.

"So, what do you want? You never actually come over unless you've fucked up or you need something."

Natasha went to argue with her but she was cut off, "Don't argue with me."

"I really don't want anything, I brought you food because I knew you wouldn't have any and I wanted to check up on you."

"Well you were right about the food. You got time to catch up?" Ellie asked her.

"Not right now, I've gotta get back to work. Tomorrow? At the Bar on third?" she asked standing up and heading towards the door.

"I'll see you there." Ellie said taking a sip of her juice.

"Not me." Natasha muttered under her breath as she left Ellies apartment.

- - - - -

hey lads, this is the first chapter of hidden, if you have any suggestions for where you want this story to go. let me know.

kels xx

928 words