Prologue

"Subject 0.28's vitals are remaining steady," one technician reported.

Two doctors were examining the live feed from the brain scans and the simulation. They stood in another room, away from the test subject. Nodding at the technician, who then turned back to watching the feed from the monitors.

"Fascinating," one of the two, a female with dark hair, remarked, "If only we didn't have to put her under her every time, the scans when the subject is awake would probably have much more interesting results."

The male scientist adjusted his glasses. "Yes....when Subject 0.01 arrives, Dr. Paige would like us to run her through the old training simulation and then perform the wipe afterwards. But, after the initial sedation and brain scans. She wants to avoid any possible rough spots in the future."

"Is the Elite program going to be reinstated then?"

"Not for the moment," The man replied, logging in the results of the test. "First Dr. Paige and the board would like us to study and compare the results from 0.28 and 0.01, and learn what made them more capable of handling the serum than the others.
She expects a full report to be made not long after Group A's expected arrival."

The woman indicated that she understood.
"Its intriguing how there's such an increase in the activity of subject 0.28's parietal lobe, even when unconscious.
In Dr. Paige's last transmission, she seemed to believe that it could perhaps be linked to the abnormal symptoms the subject exhibited previously, when she was first brought in for testing."

The male doctor considered it for a few moments.
"True. That's a very likely connection. However, after the tests are compared, they want the subjects sedated again, and readied for transport to The City."

EDITED 9/2/19 - I noticed an inconsistency in the prologue that I fixed, so events in later chapters would make sense.
Sorry for any confusion that may have caused.🙂