Family time

The weekend was upon them, a chance to sleep in, or that is what Izu had hoped for. But no, his body and mind decided that 2 am was the perfect time to get up. Izu groaned into his pillow, wanting to go back to sleep, yet Izu knew he couldn't even nap when he wasn't tired, once his own emotions had been recharged. He sighed, his quirk was annoying and tiring at the same time. Izu got up and yawned, he guessed it was his own fault, it's what he got for taking three different naps during Friday. He headed downstairs, only to find his dad awake, having taken on the morning feeding.

"Morning..." Hizashi yawned as Asako lay in his arms, suckling on a bottle of milk hungrily.

"It's 2 in the morning dad." Izu shot him a weak smile, he was thankful the kettle was still hot, he quickly re-boiled it as he set on making a cup of coffee.

"Ah, so what are you doing up so early?" Hizashi looked at him

"May have had too many naps yesterday..." Izu sipped his freshly made coffee and gave a sigh of relief, the caffeine sweeping into his system.

"You know we spoke about taking naps during school time." Hizashi frowned at him, Izu sighed, remembering the conversation well.

"I know dad, it just my class can be... a little intense, sometimes." Izu muttered looking away from him, yet Hizashi continued to watch him.

"Are you and Shiyu being bullied again?" Hizashi asked, Izu knew he should tell his dad, he knew it would be the right and sensible thing to do. But, now they had Asako, Izu didn't want to worry his parents, he knew Shiyu felt the same.

"No." Izu replied, but the lie tasted bitter in his mouth.

"Are you sure?" Hizashi continued to watch him, the bitter taste began to go sour, Izu ignored it and smiled at his dad.

"Yep, don't worry dad. Honestly, but I'll try and take less naps." Izu nodded.

"Good." Hizashi said, looking down at Asako as she finished her bottle. Hizashi put the bottle next to the sink, as Asako yawned and closed her eyes. "Well we're going back to bed. We'll see you when the sun's up." Hizashi ruffled Izu's hair, and headed back upstairs. Izu finished his first cup of coffee and made a second one, he took it into the living room and turned on the TV.

Shiyu was the second on up, he found Izu watching the news with a frown.

"What's happened?" Shiyu asked with a yawn.

"Robbery at a bank, a villain with a transformation quirk, becomes some sort of werewolf-like beast. A few people are injured, including ten citizens and a hero. They got a few heroes involved." Izu said "Granted if they..." Izu went off muttering about what heroes they could have called upon who would have been more effective. Izu had the tendency to go off and mutter to himself, something he had picked up from their dad.

"I see, did they get him?" Shiyu sat down to watch it too.

"Not yet." Izu said, "It's live." He added. They sat quickly, it was another 10 minutes before they were able to get the villain under control.

"Wow, that was one powerful quirk." Shiyu muttered.

"I have always wondered... why do people become villains..." Izu said, Shiyu looked at him in surprise, Izu was looking at the TV. "People have reasons for what they do, like why people become heroes. I wonder why some people become Villains..." He stopped, they could hear footsteps on the stairs.

"Mom and Dad's awake..." Shiyu said

"I want to find out what the police say..." Izu told him, Shiyu shook his head and went into the kitchen to greet his tired looking parents, with a giggling Asako.

"Morning." He said, as they sat down.

"Morning sweetie, sleep well?" Kyoumi asked

"Like a log." Shiyu nodded

"Is Izu still awake?" Hizashi asked

"He's watching the news, there was a bank robbery." Shiyu replied, "A few injuries, but I don't think anything major."

"That's a relief." Kyoumi smiled. Izu joined the family as Hizashi was finishing making breakfast. "Morning Izu."

"Morning mom." Izu said, he plucked a toy from Asako's pushed chair, and gave to his little sister, who gurgled happily in reply.

"You're such a help with Asako, Though, I have been worried that a child's emotions are not as in control as grownups, isn't too much?" Kyoumi asked, looking at him worried.

"Not at all, I actually find being around Asako easier than people my age." Izuku replied, and smiled. "I think it is more that Asako acts in accordance to how she feels. Most people stop when they figure out their emotions. She's easier to read."

"I see why that would be easier for you to cope with." Kyoumi nodded.

"So, people who are more in tune with how they feel?" Shiyu asked

"I guess something like that, I can't really explain it." Izu scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, at least you can give Asako what she wants before she starts crying, leaving us to try and figure out want she needs." Kyoumi smiled. Hizashi chuckled slightly, Izu looked at him.

"I remember having to go through something like that with You Izu." He said, looking at the boys confused expression. "When you started teething, I had no idea what was wrong. I was glad I had brought a load of baby books. Granted, I think I may have annoyed your Uncle Aizawa that day by ringing him very early in the morning."

"Uncle Aizawa is always annoyed when he wakes up. We've decided he is part cat." Shiyu said, causing Hizashi to laugh.

"That is pretty solid, I am sure quite a few of his family members had cat like quirks." Hizashi nodded.

"So, he is a cat!" The boys exclaimed. Kyoumi glanced at Hizashi.

"You're the one dealing with Aizawa when he finds out you've told them that." She smirked.

"I've dealt with moody Aizawa before, I'll be fine." Hizashi assured her