All Might's secret

"Ah, that does seem like a problem..." Hizashi was on the phone to his parents.

'Yes, considering all the students are from this town, it was just released in the town's paper. So, I thought I better ring you and tell you.' Azami spoke.

"Thanks mom, that's saved the boy's a trip." Hizashi nodded.

'Yes, but you tell those boys they need to stop by next time they finish school!' Azami told him.

"Of course, speak to you later." Hizashi smiled, Azami bade him good bye and the call ended.

"What's happened?" Kyoumi asked, setting out breakfast.

"Villain attack, school is without electricity, so whilst they fix it, everyone's got a day or so off." Hizashi answered.

"so, you'll be taking the boys to Yuuei with you then?" Kyoumi smiled, Hizashi chuckled.

"The others will kill me if they found out the boys had a day off and I didn't bring them." Hizashi told her.

"True, well, you better go up and tell them before they start getting ready for a none-existent school day." Kyoumi said, Hizashi nodded, he headed upstairs and knocked on the boy's rooms. He heard two sets of foot steps and their doors opened at the same time.

"Morning dad." Izu greeted.

"What's up?" Shiyu asked

"Your school's closed today, so want to come along to Yuuei with me?" Hizashi asked, Shiyu's eyes lit up.

"A whole day of building with Uncle Maijima! I need to get ready!" Shiyu was gone, door closing as he searched for clothes. Izu chuckled slightly, and nodded.

"May as well, I can help Gran with the paper work in the nurse's office." Izu said "Or go and sit in the library..." He muttered as an after thought as he went to get changed. Hizashi smiled, he had a feeling they would see it that way.

~*~

"IT'S BEEN FOREVER!" Kayama cried dramatically, pulling the two boys into a hug. Both, were so use to it, they just rolled their eyes.

"Yes, but Shiyu's with me today!" Maijima smirked as Kayama glared at him.

"Yep, I want to work on some more designs for the emotion filter." Shiyu said

"This is a bit too obvious." Izuku tapped the one he was wearing. "Works fine, but I am likely to punch the next person who calls it a collar."

"Ah, so you want a design that will work the same way, just not as visible." Maijima said. "We can work on that."

"Thanks! Don't worry Izu, we can get this sorted out." Shiyu beamed, both he and Maijima headed to the support department.

"so, how does everything feel with the emotion filter?" Kayama asked curiously.

"It just dulls everything." Izu smiled, "Like its all there, but very faint, and I can't pin point exact emotions, just whether they are good or bad, which is very useful."

"Good, you definitely seem a lot happier since wearing it." Kayama ruffled his hair.

"Well, it helps me, and Shiyu made it! He designed it to help me, so I am quite fond of it." Izu said, a few minutes later Principle Nezu walked in, at his side was All Might. Izu's eyes widened. All Might had vanished from the public for a few months, a right now, Izu could feel the dull pulse of negative emotions coming from All Might, and he began to wonder... what was wrong?

~*~

"Um, All Might?" Izu approached the number one hero, when he found him alone. He had taken off his emotion filter, so he could feel what All Might was feeling, so he couldn't lie to him

"Ah, Izuku my boy, how can I help you?" All Might beamed, Izuku looked at his smile. He was confused, how could he have such a true smile, when he was in so much pain? Izu sighed.

"You're hurt... aren't you?" He asked, All Might looked down at him.

"I suppose something like this would be hard to hide from an Empath like you. But, it is hard to explain..." All Might said

"You don't have to tell me... it's just, your feelings have changed so much. I am worried about you." Izu said. All Might gave him a small, sincere smile.

"It's not your job to worry about me, my boy. But thank you." All Might ruffled his hair. "You have the heart and spirit of a true hero." Izu looked at him confused.

"I do?" He asked

"Yes." All Might nodded, Izu could feeling a ping of worry come from All Might. "Come with me my boy, let's find some where more comfortable to talk." Izu nodded. They settled in Nezu's office with the principles permission. Izu was surprised when All Might suddenly fell into a coughing fit and in a poof of smoke, a man who looked almost skeleton like took his place.

"All Might..." Izu frowned, the pain he was in...

"I'm fine, my boy. I can't hold my hero form for too long now. Got to be careful." All Might gave him a weak smile.

"But, why do you look like that now?" Izuku asked. All Might raised his shirt, Izu gasped at the star-shape scar the cover the most of All Might's stomach.

"A bit gruesome... after a villain fight, had to have a lot of operations. My stomach is gone, and half of my respiratory system." All Might explained, Izu remained silent as All Might told his tale.

"Do you have someone to help look after you?" Izuku asked after a moments silence, All Might smiled, the boy was so concerned about his health.

"I am doing fine on my own, my boy." He tried to assure him. The 4th grader, folded his arms and gave him a look that was almost like a mother would give their child if they caught them lying. It was quite comically, but also quite intimidating.

"Everyone needs someone to help them. Without a stomach how can you eat... can you eat?" Izu's eyes lit with curiosity. All might found himself explaining how he is able to eat, Izu thought about it. "Have you been following the diet the doctors gave you then?" That caused All Might to shut up, giving Izu his reply. Izu frowned. "You need to take care of yourself, especially if you want to keep up doing hero work! I can get mom to make you lunch, she gets mad if you don't et it all, it's prefect!" All Might shook his head, but smiled fondly at the boy rambling on how he could help him keep up with taking care of himself. This kid... was so much like Nana. With that thought on his mind he looked back at Izuku, he did seem a lot like Nana. His smile was one, All Might was sure if his hair was straightened it would be a little like Nana's black hair, his overall personality, as well as his desire to help people, even if they didn't ask. Was it possible that this kid was descended from Nana in a way? Maybe one day he would get his answer, for now, he listened to the boy's continuous rambling. The spirit of a hero indeed.