Chapter 27: I Love You Always

Chapter 27

"Stay." I pleaded with Thane as he got off the bed where he was sitting next to me.

He gave me a cheeky smile, "I've got to go love."

I grabbed his hand and didn't let go as he tried to leave, "No, what you need to do is stay here in bed with me."

"It's almost twelve, I need to go." He tried to pull his hand away without effort.

I got on my knees and crawled over to the edge of the bed where he stood so we were of the same height, "We don't need to follow traditions Thane. You're only doing this because I'm human and I honestly don't care."

"But I do." I pouted at him and he rubbed the pad of his thumb on my lower lip, "I want to do this right between us and ensure you get the full human experience."

"I'm not just human Thane, I'm a werewolf as much as you are even if not in the literal sense." I tried.

"Trust me love, you will appreciate tomorrow a hundred times more if we do this." He grinned and kissed my head, "Call it delayed gratification."

"Call it a waste of time." I rolled my eyes but knew he was right.

"Can I go now?" He asked without contempt.

"Not without my goodbye kiss." I let go of his hand only to wrap both of my arms around his neck.

"You're going to be the death of me." He groaned in pleasure before capturing my lips in a fierce but passionate exchange.

After a brief minute he pulled away, "I really should go now."

I looked over at the clock and saw that it was five minutes till midnight, "See you tomorrow?" I brushed my lips against his.

"I'll be the one covered in fur." He pecked my lips.

I laughed at that and pulled him closer and gave him a kiss, "See you tomorrow fiancé."

"Now get some sleep, my mom's probably going to wake you up at the crack of dawn." He chuckled as he tucked me into bed with one last kiss on my forehead before he left for the night closing the bedroom door gently behind him.

I couldn't believe how adamant he was on following human traditions and not seeing me before the wedding, even though I was okay with not following the rules. However I did appreciate that he wanted to do this right and accept all the silly rituals involved with my human culture. He decided to stay in our home he built for us while I stayed in the pack house for the night.

Though now that he left I couldn't sleep. Having him next to me for the past few months made me accustomed to his heat, comfort and security of being wrapped in his arms and even though I knew it was for just a mere night, I twist and turned all night trying to fall asleep.

Besides Thane not being here with me, the problem with Jake also scared me. Even though I knew he wasn't lurking around the pack house now because he might get caught, the idea that he actually found the pack scared me.

I just needed him to back off and keep his promise until after the wedding when I could trick him and get Thane to capture him.

Hopefully it goes without a hitch, I thought as my mind kept running on the danger of Jake knowing about Thane and the pack which kept me up for most of the night until I drifted off sometime in the early hours of the morning.

~~~

"Rise and shine darling!" I heard someone yell in a sing song voice and was immediately hit with the glare of the shining sun.