A falling out with friends

"You won't believe what just happened!" Ose sat at the lunch table her friends had claimed, she had a bright smile on her face, Izu glanced at her momentarily.

"You are in love." He stated that fact without beating a lash. The rest of the group looked at him, Ose blushed and smirked she nodded when everyone turned to her.

"Yabuta asked me out, and I said yes!" Ose sighed happily. Izu immediately frowned, looking at her.

"Yabuta?" He asked

"Yeah, he's in our class." Ose nodded and smiled "He's really handsome, and strong. He is really sweet."

"The same Yabuta who went through at least 4 girlfriends last week?" Izu looked at her.

"Oh, that's just a rumour, it's not true." Ose waved him off. Izu was deeply concerned, he had only passed Yabuta a few times, and had not had a good feel of what kind of person he was. But, if the rumours were anything to go by, he wasn't. "Oh, stop over thinking things Izu, Yabuta is a nice guy, you can all meet him after school today." Ose patted Izu's arm. Unconvinced, Izu remained silent, eating his lunch just listening to the conversation around him. His friends noticed that and were a little concerned themselves.

~*~*~*~*~

"Yabuta, these are my best friends." Ose introduced him. Yabuta had pale blonde hair with blue eyes. He smiled brightly at the small group. Mori, Noguichi, Isa, Rai and Shiyu were quite happy to meet him. But, no one noticed that Izu had taken a literally step back from him. His green eyes couldn't even land on Yabuta without a sick feeling rising up inside, he didn't like this guy, not one bit.

"Come and say hi Izu." Shiyu turned to his brother, that's when they noticed the distance Izu had put between them.

"No thanks, I am fine here." Izuku replied, putting his hands in his pockets, but remain up right. He didn't want to slouch like his uncle, but standing up right made him taller then Yabuta, and he hope that would intimidate the boy enough to keep his distance from him. But, his hope was futile, Yabuta approached him.

"Yamada Izuku, right? Nice to finally meet you, Izu." Yabuta held out his hand. Izu eyed his hand.

"Call me Yamada." Izu said, surprising his friends. The feelings within the other boy were really starting to get to him, his foot tapping in irritation, Shiyu noticed that, and that was never a good sign, luckily Izu knew when he had reached his limit of human interaction. "I'm heading home, see you guys tomorrow." With that he turned on his heel and walked off, leaving everyone looking extremely confused.

~*~*~*~*~

"Have a good day?" Kyoumi greeted, Izuku just groaned in reply, causing his mother to frown at him. Izu immediately went to the coffee machine.

"I'm going to bed early, and not feeling every hungry." Izuku told her as he made himself a large mug of coffee. Kyoumi approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder, he loked at her.

"What hap..." She began, as Shiyu walked in.

"Dude, what the hell was that about?" Shiyu practically yelled.

"Shiyu, your brother and Sister are sleeping!" Kyoumi scowled him, Shiyu quickly apologised.

"Sorry, but seriously, what was that about?" Shiyu looked at Izu, who looked lazily back at him.

"I kept my distance for a reason. Him approaching me was like sticking my head under water. I didn't want to lash out, so I left." Izu replied. "Basically, I acted like I usually do with Toxic people."

"Yabuta isn't toxic." Shiyu frowned. "You actually insulted his kindness, and really upset Ose!"

"It's not like it's my fault..." Izu began

"Yes it is, you're the one who decided to leave without explaining. You better apologise to both of them tomorrow..." Shiyu and Kyoumi jumped and the mug in Izu's hand smashed. Izu swore, and quickly run his cut hand under the tap. His irritation poured out of him, causing his family to flinch back. Once he made sure his hand was fine, he put on plasters and walked passed them

"I'm going to bed! No one come into my room!" Izu told them. Shiyu and Kyoumi listened as Izu headed up stairs.

"I have never seen him in a mood like that before... what happened?" Kyoumi frowned at Shiyu.

~*~*~*~*~

When Hizashi finally got home, he noticed that Izu wasn't with the rest of the family.

"Where's Izu?" He asked

"He is basically moping upstairs, Ose started dating a guy and he was kind of rude when they met." Shiyu explained.

"They think he's jealous." Kyoumi added.

"I see, has anyone actually taken the time to let him explain?" Hizashi asked, Shiyu immediately feel quiet. "Right, I'll go and check on him." They all know that even if Izu said no one come into his room, he would always let his dad come in. Hizashi opened the door and looked into Izu's room. His son was sitting at his desk, but his eyes were on the fish tank as he watched the fish swim around, his mind seemed far from the house itself. "Izu?" He asked, Izu looked over at him.

"Hey dad." He said

"How are you feeling?" Hizashi sat next to him. Knowing it was best for Izu to tell him when he wanted too, which meant normal conversation first.

"Terrible..." Izu replied, guilt crossed his face. "I annoyed people and upset a friend."

"Did you mean too?"

"No."

"Then you can't blame yourself, you didn't intend to upset them, so I am sure they will understand." Hizashi smiled

"I don't think so dad... this is very complicated." Izu sighed. "How do you tell your best friend they are dating a toxic person?"

"You mean Ose?" Hizashi asked

"Yeah, I hadn't meet Yabuta before, but them we meet after school. I immediately felt bad things from him and stepped back so I wouldn't have a full force of them. But then he got close... I actually told him to call me Yamada when he called me Izu!" Izu buried his hand in his head.

"Did any of your friends pick up on the that? You never say that unless the person is pretty bad." Hizashi frowned.

"I heard Mom and Shiyu talking... and Shiyu calling everyone else... They think I'm jealous. But, I'm not! I just want my friend to be happy, but safe too." Izu frowned, Hizashi froze when he saw tears in his son's eyes, Izu hadn't cried in years. "They won't believe me..."

"You will never know until you try." Hizashi smiled, Izu looked up at him. Hizashi wiped away his tears "Promise your old man that you will at least explain things from your point."

"Okay... you're not that old." Izu muttered, Hizashi smiled and ruffled his hair.

"Maybe not, will you be joining us for dinner?" Hizashi asked

"I have don't want anymore interactions today, I had my full when I meet Yabuta." Izu explained.

"I'll bring you some up then." Hizashi told him. "Then get a good nights sleep."

"Yes Dad." Izu smiled