Escape

Izuku's POV

I stayed frozen for a moment, processing what has happened. Then, I snapped out of my trance, forcing myself to run away, leaving my father's dead body on the ground. I ran all the way to the nearest city, not daring to look back, fearful of what I might see.

When I stopped running, I found myself in Komaki, a city in northwestern Aichi, which wasn't far from the mansion. I walked to the nearest alley and cried, leaning on a wall for support. I thought about my situation and my past.

I lost my mother at the age of 4, the day I got my quirk, I've been abused since the age of 6, I've been forced to work since the age of 10. I'm only 12...Yet all these bad things happened to me in 8 years of my life. That's more than 2/3rds of my life time.

"Why does my life have to be like this?! WHY?!" I screamed to myself. I felt drops of water fall onto my clothes. I looked up and felt rain patter onto my face. "Why?"

I fell down, my legs giving away. I sat there for a while, not caring a bit if I got wet of not. I waited till the rain stopped, hoping that I would be able to forget my past and live a new life. A new life without abuse, without killing, and most of all...Without quirks.

Time Skip

I opened my eyes to be greeted by the warm, welcoming rays of the sun. I looked around, tired and hurt. I took in my surroundings and memories of last night came flooding into my mind. I got up, but failed terribly, falling back down. I sat still for a while, trying to regain my strength.

When I was able to stand up, I pulled my hood on and pulled up my mask, making a poor attempt to hide my face. I stumbled out of the alley, limping slightly. I looked around, vision blurring a bit.

I continued my way across the street, hoping to get a job. I looked around and saw no jobs that I could get. Since I have been locked inside a dreadful house from the age of 4, I had no basic education and I've never been able to go to school. The only real education I got was quirk and battle training.

I fell down on the streets, all of my energy escaping me. I closed my eyes, darkness consuming me, slowly. Soon, I saw nothing but black.

Time Skip

I woke up on a soft mattress. I sat up, taking in my surroundings. Just as I was about to get up, the door clicked open to reveal a girl holding a tray. A girl around my age.

She had big, blue eyes that showed a sense of kindness. Long, silver hair flowing to her waist, her pale skin fairly smooth. Her small nose and mouth, which was formed into a smile. She was slightly shorter than me, her arms and legs very slim. All of her features gave off an innocent, beautiful look.

"You're awake?" She said, giving me a small smile. She spoke softly and tunefully. It almost felt as if she was singing.

"Yes, thank you for taking care of me." I said, averting my gaze. She sat down on the corner of the bed and gave me the tray.

"No problem." She said. "My mother found you on the streets a few hours ago and she was really worried. She made soup for you."

"Thank you." I repeated at the girl's kind words. I took the spoon and ate slowly.

"I'm Aika, what's your name?" She asked.

"Izuku. Izuku Midoriya." I said, giving her a small smile. "Thank you for the soup, it taste wonderful."

"Really? I'm glad you like it." Aika said. "Where do yo live?"

"I...I actually don't have a home." I said, memories of the unpleasant past wriggled itself into my mind, no matter how much I pushed it away. "My family is dead and I have nobody to go to."

"Oh...I'm sorry for your loss." She looked at me and I shook my head, smiling sadly. "Then...What about you live with us? With my family?"

"Is...Is that okay with you?" I asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I live with my mom and I used to have a brother but he died a few years ago. My mother haven't been the same since then." Aika said. I gave her a understanding look when she mentioned the death of her brother. "My mother has always wished that someone would come and fill the empty places of my father and brother."

"Really? Can I really live with you?" I asked, making sure. She nodded, smiling at me brightly. "T-Thank you...You don't know how much this means to me."

"You're welcome. Now, come on. I'll introduce you to my mother." Aika said, cheerfully. I nodded and followed her downstairs.

When I stepped foot into the kitchen, I was greeted by a kind woman. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

She had beautiful, blue eyes, which were freckled with golden specks around the iris. Her hair was tied into a messy ponytail, her hair was brown blending into a light blond color down at the tips. Her face showed no signs of aging and her skin was pale and fair. She was slightly shorter than my height. A smile graced her features and I felt so comfortable.

"Hello, I'm Izuku Midoriya." I said, smiling. She smiled back, hugging me. "Thank you for taking care of me."

"I'm Akari Shimizu. Oh, and no problem, dear. I'm glad that I was able to help you." She replied.

"I'm very thankful, Mrs. Shimizu and Aika." I said, sitting down on the sofa. Aika and Akari sat down next to me.

"You're welcome." Aika replied. She turned to her mother. "Mother, he said that he would like to live with us."

"Really?!" Mrs. Shimizu said. She looked at me and smiled, warmly. "Izuku, you're welcome to live with us anytime. Oh, and don't call me 'Mrs.' Call me mother or mom."

"Okay. Thank you." I smiled. Aika and Mother hugged me and I hugged back, memories of my mother flooded back to me. "Thank you..."

After that we talked for a while, which was mostly it was me getting to know Aika's and Mrs. Shimizu's past, and Mrs. Shimizu arranged a room for me. I learned that it was the vacant room that Aika's older brother was using. I got settled and changed out of my clothes into one of the clothes that Mrs. Shimizu provided for me.

The clothes were very comfortable, just a tab bit too big. The hoodie almost slid off my shoulder and came down to thigh. The shorts were slightly larger than my size so I just stuck to one of the sport shorts.

"Goodnight, Izu!!!" Aika yelled, barging into my room. Mrs. Akari She waved at me and I waved back.

"Goodnight, everyone."