5. Test of time.

It's been a month since Virat visited Reborn last. He was busy with the new season of the IPL now. There has been a lot of pressure upon him. His team Royal Challengers Bangalore has not won a single match yet. His fans were disappointed. The fans of the other teams were trolling him and his team. Virat could see all of it, yet he was not able to do anything. He was feeling frustrated and helpless.

As if all of this was not enough, the World Cup was also approaching. The Board had asked about his opinions regarding whom to select in the team but he couldn't answer. How would he? He was doubting his own skills now. Forget about others. Virat could feel so much of pressure in his head that sometimes it felt like his head would burst. He knew that as a captain, he has a big responsibility. He and his team will be representing our country India.

Virat forgot about the last time when he had a sound sleep. His days were becoming more and more hectic and restless and his nights sleepless. The only thing that he craved for amidst all this pressure was for peace but it seemed like a far fetched dream.

Like every other day, Virat came back to his room dead tired after the day long practice. They have the next match tomorrow against Kings XI Punjab. RCB has lost all the previous matches. Virat didn't want to lose this one.

To get a relief from the pain and pressure, Virat straightaway went to take a hot shower. The hot water relaxes his aching muscles as well as his mind. As he turned on the faucet, the hot water gushed out from the shower. Virat stood under the shower and let the hot water to wash away all the pain and pressure. He stayed like that for more than thirty minutes.

When he was done, he turned off the faucet and dried himself with a towel. He then took another dry towel from the rack, wore it around his waist and came out of the shower. The hot shower did decrease the pain of his muscles but it was not able to relax his mind.

Virat opened his bag and took out a t-shirt and a pair of Bermudas. He missed being at home. The bed of the hotel room was soft but it was not comfortable. Virat liked to sleep in his own bed at home only.

After he wore the set of clothes, he called the room service from the phone that was there near his bed and ordered for some food to eat. He was very hungry.

As Virat knew that it will take them some time to send his order, he tried to kill the time till then by watching TV. He switched on the TV and shuffled through the channels, not knowing what to watch exactly. He was not interested in watching anything actually. All he wanted to do was just sleep. However, as he was going through the news channel, a particular news broadcast in one of the channels caught his attention.

The news channel was broadcasting the news of the visit of the famous Bollywood celebrity Ahan Khan to Reborn. Pictures of Ahan with Rajiv and the people of Reborn were being showed in a slide show. Virat literally rolled his eyes seeing those. He knew that Ahan was not a charitable person. All of it was part of the publicity gimmick has his new movie is going to be released in a few days.

When Virat had gone to Reborn, nobody knew about it. Not even a single news regarding his visit to Reborn surfaced in the media. This was because Virat wanted it that way. Virat didn't want to gain any publicity. He went there because he genuinely wanted to help the people.

Virat was about to change the channel but stopped abruptly when he saw a particular video. In that video, Ahan was seen posing with Anushka who had a scowl on her face. Although Virat himself was not there at that time, he understood seeing Anushka's expression that she was not at all happy about it. Virat even saw her shooting death glares towards Ahan when he was not looking at her. Virat chuckled seeing that. He could only wonder what Anushka might have gone through when all the paparazzi were clicking pictures. That day, when only Virat was there, she seemed to be so guarded and uncomfortable. Now, when so many people were there Virat guessed that she must have freaked out. Anushka was someone who didn't like being social with people or she portrayed herself like that, Virat didn't know which one was true.

Suddenly there was a loud knock on the door of his room, thereby bringing him out from his reverie. He got up from the bed and opened the door. The service boy bought his food and put it on the table next to the bed. Virat thanked the boy and locked the door after he went.

Seeing the food, Virat's stomach let out a small growl. Virat laughed hearing that. He was indeed very hungry. That is why, Virat didn't waste any time time and ate his food. Wthin a few minutes he was done with eating everything that he had ordered.

Once he was done, Virat kept the plates outside the door and asked the room service to take it back. He then literally jumped on the bed and felt his muscles relax. He was about to sleep when he heard the beeping tone of the phone. There was a message from Rajiv. Virat didn't waste any time and read the message. The message was-

Hey Virat! Could we meet again someday when you are free even if it be for sometime? I wanted to discuss something about Reborn. I am here for a week. But after that, I will be going to London. I don't know when I will return. There's some important work.

If you cannot make it within this week, I will ask Anushka to meet you. She can tell you about the matter. Let me know what you think okay?

P.S. I wish all the celebrities were like you.

Virat let out a chuckle after reading the last line. He knew what Rajiv meant. He knew that Rajiv was talking about Ahan Khan. However, what intrigued him more was Rajiv's request of meeting him. He knew that it was not possible for him to meet Rajiv this week as he has two matches back to back. However, he can definitely meet him next week as there's only one match for next week. He was about to text Rajiv saying that he can meet Rajiv next week when he realised that it won't be Rajiv but Anushka who will meet him if they happen to arrange the meeting next week. Virat thought if he was ready to meet Anushka after that day. He didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable. But, he also realised that this meeting was necessary. Otherwise, Rajiv wouldn't have texted him. So, he didn't think much and texted Rajiv.

Yes, we can arrange for a meeting next week as I will be busy this week.

P.S. I know why you said it. I watched it in the news.

P.P.S. I know that I am the best😎

Virat meant the last part as a joke. After sending the message, Virat decided to sleep. He has a match tomorrow. For that, he has to wake up early. He could wake up early only if he slept now.

Virat was about to sleep when he received a message again. He checked the message and saw that Rajiv has given Anushka's number.

Rajiv was a thoughtful man. He knows what he has to do. Virat liked that about Rajiv. Virat saved Anushka's number in case he wanted to say something important like as Rajiv has said.

Before signing off for the day, Virat checked his WhatsApp once again. He was going through the contacts, when he saw Anushka's display picture. Virat clicked on her number to look at her display picture. She was looking beautiful in it.

In the display picture, Anushka was seen sitting while smiling adorably at her dog

In the display picture, Anushka was seen sitting while smiling adorably at her dog. Virat smiled seeing the picture. In the picture, her smile didn't seem to be a fake one. Was she a animal-lover like as me? Virat thought.

After a minute or two, he exited from WhatsApp, turned off the data connectivity and went to sleep. It was a big day for him tomorrow. If they fail to win the match tomorrow, Virat didn't know what he was going to do.