Chapter Twenty [True Intentions]

A L I J A H

I mugged Ohaji from across the room and sat next to Jesse as he mugged his father as well. I glanced up at him and he looked down at me causing his face to soften,

"Am I gonna have to stay here?" I asked growing afraid. It was beautiful here but I couldn't live here I'd miss Zaire and my parents to much. Jesse leaned back getting comfortable while I waited for him to speak.

"Nah my fathers not that much of a batty man" he said and I raised and eyebrow wondering what that meant.

"Whats that mean? I'm not from here remember?" I tell him and he turned his body so he was facing me and licked his lips as he looked me over, I couldn't help the shiver that went down my spine.

"It's just a term to refer to someone who's gay but I just call my father that because it makes him mad" he shrugged and I nodded.

"You don't seem as mean as earlier, what happened?" I asked and he smacked his teeth and looked away from me.

"Fuck all that I'm just me, I'm mean when I wanna be and I'm cool when I wanna be" he snapped and I rolled my eyes.

"You don't have to do all that calm yourself down" I said returning his tone and he looked away from me growing quiet. His dad Roman walked over smiling happily and I rolled my eyes causing Jesse to nudge me and give me a look.

I fake smiled and scooted closer putting my head on his shoulder as his dad gave me a head nod and walked away. Once he was gone he pushed me off of him and looked at me with a straight face.

"You smell like oranges" he said nonchalantly and I grabbed a strand of my hair and smelled it remembering the new shampoo I had bought.

"Oh it's my shampoo, do you like it?" I asked smiling as I nudged him with my elbow and he looked at me growing annoyed.

"Nah I'm allergic to oranges" he said and I couldn't help but to roll my eyes, he'll be lucky if any girl even wants his mean ass.

I motioned for him to go away and he grabbed my hand and looked at my finger nails examining them before looking up at me with a raised eyebrow.

"You get you're fingers nails done?" He asked and I squinted my eyes at him, what the fuck kinda question was that?

"Oh so that's why you're so mean to me, you're gay aren't you?" I asked and he started chuckling which startled me.

"You got jokes I see, nah girl I just asked a question I use to paint my sisters nails and I grew curious" he shrugged and I looked at him even weirder. I couldn't even get Zaire to paint my nails, who ever had a boyfriend or a husband that does that for them is blessed.

"Sorry for being rude it's just where I'm from people find that weird, woman expect for men to be manly all of the time" I told him honestly and he licked his lips again and looked me over.

"Does you're boyfriend not offer to paint you're nails?" He asked and I sighed, I didn't have a boyfriend and this isn't a conversation I should be having with my "husband".

"Nope I don't have one, there was two guys but the first one comes on to strong and I feel like I have to force it with him because there's just something off about him and then the second one I love him but part of me has no idea what type of love it is because deep down I feel like it's slowly drifting into a brother sister thing" I said finally able to let out the deep breath I've been holding on the inside.

"I asked you a simple question and you just had to tell a fucking story" he snapped and I rolled my eyes and tried to stand but he chuckled and grabbed my arm pulling me back down on the couch next to him as he bit his lip.