005 || kiss

•••

•••

I was locking up shop when someone tapped my shoulder, causing me to whip around defensively in fright.
"Woah there - it's just me" Clint laughed, lowering my hand out of punching-distance of his face.
"Agh, sorry. You didn't come for your coffee today, everything okay?"
"Oh - Yeah. The job we were sent on overran"
I nodded as I placed the keys into my bag and hiked it further up my arm. Clint was resting against the wall with a small smile on his face as he watched me.
"Where did you go?"
"Brooklyn"
"Nice" I smiled, nudging his side.
I started to walk down the street and Clint jogged to my side.
"Any chance you wanna come over to mine to have that coffee you missed?" I asked, a coy smile crossing my face.
"Sure" Clint smiled, draping his arm over my shoulders as we walked.

•••

"It's not much but what can you do when you're up to your neck in student debt" I joked, letting us into the apartment. Clint snorted and his eyes darted around, taking in all the details.
"It suits you" he commented
"Thanks" I laughed, ushering him further into the apartment "black coffee?"
"Always" he answered as he crashed onto the sofa.
I threw my bag on the kitchen counter and quickly put two mugs under the machine before turning it on.
"Hey - no reason for saying this - but Dalia's staying over Lewis' tonight" I said, trying to cover my hopeful tone.
Clint just turned around and smirked at me, seeing through my ruse, humming in acknowledgement.
I let out a quiet sigh and facepalmed when he wasn't looking.
"Stupid stupid Grace" I whispered to myself, picking up the finished coffees. I quickly added some creamer to mine before placing myself next to Clint on the sofa.

"Thanks" Clint smiled, accepting the mug from my hands, before leaning back against the sofa cushions and analysing my face. I could feel my cheeks heat up from the attention as I sipped my coffee, my eyes darting around the room nervously.
"You're cute" Clint stated after what seemed like hours.
I choked on my drink, looking at him as if he was an alien.
"Excuse me?"
"I said you're cute" he repeated unabashedly, smirking into his mug.

I quirked my eyebrow. If he wanted to play this game, we could play this game. I slowly set my coffee mug on the table, shifting my body closer to Clint.
"So a little birdie told me that you fancy me" I teased, dragging my finger up his arm.
"Oh really?" He said, voice husky as he brought his face closer to mine "because that little birdie also told me that you find me pretty damn hot"
"Huh, maybe the birds wrong then" I shrugged, a little smirk pulling at my lips.
"Maybe"

Before I could think, his lips pressed against mine. I smiled into the kiss, my arms reaching up to rest on his shoulders so I could run my fingers through his hair. He let out a quiet growl, pushing me up against the back of the sofa, deepening the kiss further.
When we eventually broke for air, I stayed leant against the cushions, small pants escaping my now-swollen lips.
"I think the bird was telling the truth" Clint grinned, pushing some of my hair out of my face.
"Hot damn" I giggled, turning my head to face him "how about that"
A moment of silence passed as I caught my breath, sneaking a few glances at him every few seconds.

"Oh fuck it" I whispered, pulling him towards me and kissing him again. At some point during the kiss I had adjusted myself so I was straddling his lap, making an absolute mess of his hair as I raked my hands through it.
I giggled slightly as his hands brushed against my sides, the feather-like touches were cautious, as if he was scared of hurting me.
As we pulled away for air again, I leant my forehead against his, cupping his cheeks with my hands.
"You're so beautiful" he breathed, moving his head onto my shoulder, pressing light kisses along my shoulder blade and up my neck. I let out a moan, smiling as he worked on my neck.
"You're amazing" I breathily laughed, angling my head so he'd have better access to my neck.
Taking this as a sign, he started to suck the skin on the side of my neck, hard enough to leave obvious hickeys.
"Clint" I whispered, moving his head back so it was level with mine, reattaching our lips again.

He stopped abruptly, pushing me back gently.
"I'm so sorry" he said, trying to catch his breath "I just got called in to work"
I looked at him curiously, only just realising he never took out his earpiece. A blush returned to my face.
"They couldn't hear us ... right?"
"No" he chuckled, before clearing his throat. I took the hint and detangled myself from him, climbing off of his lap.
"Uhh - is there any chance I could take a quick shower?" He coughed awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with me.
I snorted, looking at his slightly flustered expression.
"Mhm" I hummed, a large smirk clear on my face "Sure you don't need my help in there big guy?"
"Trust me - if you did I wouldn't leave this apartment" he chuckled, following my pointed finger to the bathroom.
"We'll have to finish this another time" I called after him teasingly.
"You're definitely going to need to finish something" he called back, rushing into the bathroom.