4- Hopeless

Listen to Love the Way You Lie by Rihanna ft Eminem

"Stay out of this, Tristan. This is between my sister and me," Ciara said, sounding very upset. Her forehead creased in anger as she looked behind him, meeting my frightened eyes.

"She is my girlfriend, and I won't let you hit her again. I swear to you, if I see any mark on her face, I'm suing you."

I should applaud this guy. He sounded very angry, and Ciara appeared scared for a moment.

Why was I even hiding? I had to face her. Hiding was only going to make everyone think all this was true. I wiped the tear that had escaped from my left eye and walked forward.

"Babe ..." Tristan grabbed my arm.

"Get your filthy hands off me!" I snapped, pulling my hand away. I met my sister's heavy gaze.

"Do you realize what you just did?" Ciara asked.

"Ciara, I don't know what he's talking about."

"Stop with the lies already!"

I flinched at the furious tone of her voice.

"You also believe he's telling the truth? You really think I'm pregnant?" I asked with tears gathering at the corners of my eyes.

"Obviously."

"You've known me since I was a kid. I've shared everything with you. We live in the same house. Does any of this make sense to you?!"

At this point, I couldn't hold the tears back even if I shouldn't be the one in crying. Rage boiled within me, my emotions wreaking havoc throughout my body. The intensity of what I was feeling burned me inside, and if I let it all out, it would cause a massive fire.

"Yes, and don't act like some kind of saint. You have done worse. I thought that part of your life was over," she said with glossy eyes.

"Ciara, this is all a lie! Can't you see that? I'm not that person anymore, and you know that."

Did he cast a spell on everyone?

"Stop already. Don't you have any shame left in you? You could have gone for anyone, Chloe! Why him? He is my best friend's fiancé."

"Was, and don't talk to her like that," Tristan corrected, stepping forward.

"Can you please not say anything?" I said, looking up at his face, his blond hair now a mess.

His expression softened as he met my eyes, making him look like a lost puppy, except a monster lurked within that softness he let on.

"I can't just stand here and watch her speak to you like that," he said with fake concern.

"What do you think Mom and Dad are going to say?" Ciara questioned me.

"I'm going to explain everything to them. At least they will listen to me," I said, feeling hopeful.