The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 31 ]

"We're camping out...here?"

I looked at the ground and cringed, imagining the limitless amount of insects that occupied the place we were about to sleep for the night. On the bright side, though, we were in an open field, it was almost twilight and the sky had metamorphosed into a billion shades of blue, blending with the sunset's luminous colours. 

Valentino laughed at me, "Were you expecting a five star hotel, little C?" 

I blushed, "No..." I mumbled.

Looking around, I watched as Dennis, Jake and Jayden finished putting up their tents. I knotted my eyebrows together; there were only three tents.

So, if the twins shared a tent...and Valentino and Dennis shared one too...that meant...

"Where am I sleeping?" I blurted, my heart picking up its pace. There was no way I could possibly ever sleep in the same tent as- 

"Outside." Reece commented, holding a couple of blocks of wood for the campfire. He walked past me, winking, before he kneeled down and began to light the wood on fire.

I crouched down beside him and pouted, "You sleep outside."

"But then I might catch a cold." He stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

I laughed, shaking my head, "You're unbelievable."

"Unbelievably sexy."

At that moment, Valentino squeezed in between us, "Well, well, well, looks like our campfire is set...you know what this means now, right Chloe?"

I looked at him, puzzled, "Toasted marshmallows?"

"Scary stories." He grinned, rubbing his hands together maliciously.

"Here we go..." Reece muttered, rolling his eyes.

Valentino peered his eyes at Reece, "What was that?"

"Nothing, please, enlighten us with one of your famous scary stories, Val. I can't wait to feel like a frightened schoolgirl again." He remarked in his most sarcastic tone. "And please don't forget to hold my hand in the process, just incase I lose my dick from being so terrified." 

Valentino, clearly unaffected by his best friend's mocking, holds Reece's hand tightly in the most feminine manner, "Of course, Reecey, I'll protect you, baby."

This just made me double over in a laughing fit.

"Anywhore," Valentino said, making himself comfortable, "gather around kids, this story is going to be one to remember."

Dennis sat on the other side of me, and the twins soon followed. Valentino cleared his throat. Reece just looked bored.

"Once upon a time, there was a little girl who really loved dolls." Valentino began, his eyes lighting up as everyone listened. "She had a large collection of them in her bedroom. One day, when she was browsing through a shop on her own, she spotted a really beautiful doll..." 

"Why would a little girl go to a shop on her own, where are her parents?" Reece asked cynically.

Valentino looked annoyed, "She must be fuckin' Dora the Explorer, I don't fuckin' know, shut up and listen to the fuckin' story."

Reece put his hands up in defeat, "Okay, okay, chill."

"Anyway, as I was saying," Valentino continued,  "She saw a beautiful doll, with all those sequins and shit that kids like,"

"She asked the old woman behind the counter how much it was, but the woman told her that the doll was not for sale. The girl told the woman how much she wanted the doll, but the woman just said that the doll was not for sale, because it was cursed!" He hissed.