Chapter Thirty Seven

Carter's Point of View

I suddenly sat up, struggling to fill my lungs with air. I placed a hand on my rapidly beating, trying to calm myself. It was a bit hard to do so, considering I was sitting in complete darkness. I blinked, trying to make out where I was, but it was too dark.

"H-Hello?" I hesitantly called out, immediately regretting it. I heard a creak come from behind me. "Who's t-there?"

A venomous chuckle made me immediately flinch. Why was I not in the hospital? Where am I? Who brought me here?

"I'm enjoying this quite well," A voice whispered in my ear. I shivered and moved my body away from it.

"P-Please," I whispered, closing my eyes even though it didn't do much.

"Please what, darling?"

"Please leave me alone," I cried out. Before I could say more, I heard a click come from my right.

"It's all in your head. Learn to control it," The voice hissed. What's all in my head?

"W-Wha-" I was cut off by another click and immediately, a bright light blinded me. I squinted my eyes and looked down. I was in my room. I was beyond confused; what is happening to me? Did someone give me drugs?

I slowly stood up, stumbling a bit due to my sleepy limbs. I examined my room, nothing out of place. I was about to walk out when a high pitched shrill scared the heebie jeebies out of me. I looked over at my bedside table, my phone lighting up. I walked back over to my bed and picked up my phone, reading the caller I.D.

Incoming Call: Francis Adams

I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering why on Earth would that backstabbing idiot call me. I debated on wether to answer or decline. Sighing, I hit the answer button and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"What the fuck, Carter!" He shouted through the phone. "Did you fucking call the cops on me?"

"What are you talking about?" I slowly asked, walking out of my bedroom and down the stairs.

"My parents just bailed me out. Thanks a lot. I knew I shouldn't have trusted you with that secret." And then the line went dead. I stared at my phone before throwing it at the wall in anger. Well, he's got such a nerve.

I ran a hand through my hair and searched all over the house. No one was here-of course. But, what confuses me is when I saw my mom. I saw her! Everything is just so messed up and I don't get it. Out of all the bad people in this world, I have to live a nightmare.

If I didn't go to that stupid tunnel. If I didn't-wait. . . . Harry. Where's Harry? My eyes widened and my heart rate increased, if that was possible. I need to go back to the tunnel. I booked it out of that house faster than you could name your favorite topping on a freakin pizza. I ran down the sidewalk, slowly approaching the pathway leading to the tunnel.

I was getting closer and closer. I began shouting his name like a maniac on black friday, almost running out of breath doing so. I wasted no time and ran straight inside. Ok, so maybe I just realized I don't have a flashlight. Oh boy.

"Harry!" I shouted, my voice echoing against the walls of the tunnel. I was dead silent, not a sound could be heard. I backed up a bit, worried something would jump at me.

Where was Harry?

When I walked back to the entrance of the tunnel, I saw a white paper lying on the ground. I bent down and picked it up, my eyes skimming over the words.

Dear Carter,

Don't go looking for me. I'm already caught. I don't plan on coming back. I suppose this is a goodbye letter. So. . . Goodbye.

From,

Harry

My eyebrows furrowed. Something isn't right. I scoffed and ripped the paper. I know exactly what's going on-and I hope I'm right.

___________________________________

Author's Note -

I BEFRIENDED A BOY IN MY SCHOOL! I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE! I'D LIKE TO THANK NOT ONLY GOD, BUT FREE PIZZA!

He's from another country (we have homeroom and first period together) and while we were walking to first period, I asked if he liked the school and he said, "Yeah, but I don't have any friends." So I told him I'd be his friend and he basically lit up like a Christmas tree (adorably) and we exchanged numbers and I've been texting him over the weekend and awe awe aweeee! I never knew how stressful it could be texting a flipping guy ! I'm not used to this stuff, man!