15. Danger.

**TW: Self harm**

Newt perks his head up in the direction of Jacob.

"Ah, yes. Right.", He answers fixating back on his mission.

He turns back at Esther, still holding her hand, "Shall we?"

She wipes the tears in her eyes and nods. The wizard leads the group to the storefront and opens the unsecured doors. They immerse into the cheerfully decorated department store. Although the only light that can be seen is from the reflection of the streetlights which illuminate various Santa clause statues, festive hats, shoes, and fancy perfume meant for gifts for the coming holiday. The only noise to be heard is from the invisible creatures grunts as they carry the handbag. In a single filed line, they rush behind a Christmas display.

Newts head pops up to locate the creature.

"Demiguises are fundamentally peaceful, but they produce a nasty bite if provoked.", He informs the group.

"What on earth were you doing to provoke them?", she whispers suppressing giggles from his remark.

The silver-haired orangutan-Esque creature reveals itself as it examines a chocolate display. His concentration dissolves from the creature as he breaks into a small smile reminiscing on studying the species in Asia. The large circular blue eyes of Dougals widen even further than they imagined as it contemplates on the candies. Its face appears wiser than it is time with curious eyebrows. It decides to shove a couple of bonbons into the small clutch.

Newt points at Queenie and Jacob, "You two. Head that way."

They begin to tread that way before the wizard speaks again, Try very hard to no be predictable.

Jacob furrows his brows, "Predictable?" Queenie glances back at Jacob with confusion before the no-maj leads the witch further.

A distinct screech is heard from a distance. They were not the only ones who heard it as the demiguise lifts his head looking towards the roof. The creature shovels more of the sweets into the bag before scurrying further down the main aisle of the store.

"Could that be another creature that you lost?" Esther asks regarding the sound.

"Its quite possible to be the reason why the demiguise is here.", He replies before shuffling away to follow the creature.

Tina and Esther follow closely behind him until the Demiguise turns to look back, stopping them in their tracks. The demiguise glances at each of them until he spots Newt with ever-growing curiosity before moving towards the stairwell. The magizoologist couldnt help but smile then continues his venture to the stairs.

Newt reaches the dark and dusty attic which holds stacks of boxes as high as the ceiling in some spots. He could only assume they are filled with silverware, china, and other kitchenware. He sees the demiguise in the middle of the room where the moonlight shines down through a high window. The creature empties the purse resulting in the candy wrappers crinkle against the floor.

Newt hears the rest of them stepping up the landing.

"Think creatively. Probability is at our disadvantage. You see, Demiguises can see the near future and act accordingly." Newt instructs before creeping forward.

The moonlight crosses him leaving a tall shadow to his side.

The demiguise holds up a confection as an offering to something.

"Newt, what is it doing?", Esther whispers making her way between the shelves.

"Its babysitting..."