Chapter 12

•Nolani•

The shrill ringing of my phone wakes me from my nap and I groggily glance around the room. After eating lunch with Viola and Alessia I came home and passed out on the couch. Naps are pretty much a necessity now, I can't survive without one.

"Hello?" I answer, my voice thick with sleep.

"Um Miss Michaels, Mr. DeLuca is at the gate again demanding entrance into the community. May I allow him?" Harold asks.

The loud manic voice screaming in the background wakes me right up like a shot of espresso.

"Is that him?" I ask, immediately alarmed at the volume of Giovanni's voice.

"Yes ma'am, he's quite upset."

That sounds like the understatement of the century. Giovanni could've easily gotten the code from Alessia, why make a scene?

"Allow him in." I say.

I hang up and groan as I feel a headache coming on right behind my eye. My hair feels like a rats nest, the hair tie that once held the curls off my face now barely hanging on. I remove the hair tie and twist the dark strands up into a quick bun as I make my way toward the front door. I barely get the alarm disarmed and the the door unlocked before it swings open, almost hitting me in the process. I jump back, still rubbing the sleep from my eyes as he barges inside, his amber eyes shooting daggers. He looks as put together as ever in his suit, not a single hair out of place. If I hadn't heard his voice in the background of the phone call I wouldn't even know he had been throwing a fit not even five minutes ago.

"Hello Giovanni." I greet him.

"What did I tell you, Nolani? What did I tell you from the beginning when you came to me claiming to be pregnant with my brother's child?" His voice is cold and emotionless.

My eyebrows scrunch in confusion. "Uh, is this a trick question?"

I haven't been awake long enough to play his games. I honestly just want to go back to sleep.

"Pack your bags, you're moving in with me immediately." He demands.

My temper spikes. "You don't own me, Giovanni! I'm not a puppet that just does whatever the master wants. I'm a human, I'm a person! I am not moving in with you, you psychotic bastard!"

He stalks toward me with his hands tucked in his pockets. "You're a person who placed a giant red target on her head when she went shopping with my family today at a store that sells baby furniture. You're a person who can't put together a disguise for shit. A person who doesn't fucking listen, grabbed her lower stomach and had a picture taken of her and shared to every trash news outlet that would take it."

Oh no. oh god! Why can't people just leave me alone for once? I just needed a little bit of privacy to experience something as amazing as shopping for my babies nursery furniture.

"How did she know it was me? I don't understand, I never even looked directly at her... I don't think." I mutter.

"Pack a bag or I'll pack it for you." He repeats.

"No." I grit the word out roughly, standing my ground.

I won't let him push me around.

He lets out a chuckle. "You think you have a choice."

"You do have a choice, Nolani, don't let him bully you into anything you don't want to do." Angelo's voice pierces through my anger as he stomps down the stairs.

Angelos tall and broad like Giovanni, his skin tone almost the same shade of brown as my own. His hazel eyes are livid, his brow dipped as he stares Giovanni down.