Nuts

Lincoln was still trapped upstairs and Octavia and I weren't allowed there. Octavia decided to "camp" downstairs while I just decided to keep on helping whoever I could to feel useful. Right now I was selecting the mushrooms, to make sure no one died poisoned, something I was weirdly good at.

"No, Mike, I've told you 3 times, that one isn't eatable," I told some guy that was helping me. He sucked at it and if anyone died it was his fault, not mine.

I rolled my eyes as he grabbed another one asking me if that one was good when I looked to the entrance of the camp I saw Bellamy and Clarke leaving and I raised my eyebrow. Then I froze. If they were leaving it meant everyone would go crazy with some nuts. And Mike kept talking, asking me the same questions he had been asking for the last hour.

"Shut up, Mike," I said trying to walk away from him, to find Jasper and Monty.

I ran to the boys, that were taking care of the berries and nuts. I said hi quickly taking a look at all the stuff they had there.

"Guys, how many of these have you had?" I asked pointing at the weirdest looking nuts.

"Not enough," Jasper answered.

"A lot," Monty said almost at the same time and they both started laughing like it was the funniest thing they had ever said.

"Oh, great," I muttered to myself.

They both ran into a tent and I heard them talking about how amazing the Earth was. I had no clue what to do, but I needed to find Octavia, Raven, and Finn, the only sane one's beside me, at least that I remembered.

Everyone was tripping around me, some took their clothes off other told me to ran because grounders were coming, one even started flirting with me and called something I didn't understand and used the most confusing and non-sense pick-up line invented.

I spotted Octavia, picking clothes up from the ground. Then I remembered, they were for Lincoln, she would help him escape.

"Octavia, wait."

"(Y/N)? You're not high?" She sounded surprised.

"No."

She dropped the clothes. "These are for..."

"The grounder, I know, don't worry. I won't tell anyone." I gave her a small smile. "Do you want any help?"

"No, I don't want you to get in trouble. Just please don't tell anyone and keep them distracted."

"I'll do my best." She grabbed the clothes again. "You're doing the right thing, O." I accidentally used the nickname but she didn't seem to mind, just smiled and ran to the drop-ship.

I spent most of the afternoon saying random things to high people, to make sure Octavia could get Lincoln out of there. I finally saw Raven and Finn and walk towards them. Lincoln appeared in front of Finn and the three of us didn't move.

"Finn!" I called so I could distract him but he had already nodded to let Lincoln pass. "Thank God I find more people who aren't high." I tried to change the subject. He nodded. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yes, alive at least."

A few hours later everyone was finally sober, well at least less high, and I couldn't help but laugh at people's stories about what they have done. Like a guy who had tried to eat his own shoe because the trees were telling him to do so.

"He's gone. The grounder is gone." I heard Miller's voice.

I looked at Finn but we didn't say a word, we could never.

"What if he brings other grounders back?" I heard Jasper said.

"He'll kill us all." Someone else said.

"Or worse."

"Let the grounders come." I jumped with Bellamy's voice. "We've been afraid of them for far too long, and why? Because of their knives and spears. I don't know about you. I'm tired of being afraid."

"These are weapons, okay, not toys, and we have to be prepared to give them up to the guard when the drop-ships come, but until then, they're gonna help keep us safe." Now it was Clarke's voice speaking.

"And there are plenty more where these came from. Tomorrow we start training, and if the grounders come, we're gonna be ready to fight."

The guns were taken away and everyone went to their tents. Everything seemed calm but I felt weird and really didn't feel like going to bed. I needed a few moments of silence after spending a whole day listening to the most random things.

I sat down on the grass, watching the stars. It was one of my favorite things to do because the stars and constellations were one of the few things that looked almost the same as they did back home. And I missed it.

"You should go to the tent." I heard a voice behind me. Bellamy.

"Is that an invitation?" I asked sarcastically, looking back at the stars.

"I mean it, the grounders could appear at any point."

I got up, frustrated. "I think you owe me an apology or at least an explanation."

"A what? Why?"

I looked at him for a while. "For not letting me up there?"

"I just... I thought you wouldn't like to see that."

"I just needed to talk to Clarke."

"You did."

"Just because you like being in charge doesn't mean you have the right to stop anyone who doesn't agree with you." I started to feel really angry.

"That's not..."

"What? I'm too soft to see it? I'm not strong enough to handle it? If I'm strong enough to hear his screams from downstairs. But Clarke is? Clarke could be there? Don't try to say you were trying to protect me. You weren't. You were trying to protect yourself from feeling judged."

He just stared at me.

"I'm sorry." I heard him mumble under his breath.

"Goodnight." I passed by him walking to my tent, feeling really nervous about what had happened. I was really scared, scared that maybe he could actually care about me.

A/N

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please tell me if you did. Thank you to everyone who has been reading, commenting and voting on this story! It really means a lot! By the way, what's your favorite tv show? For me, it's The 100, Brooklyn 99 and Deadly Class! By the way, if you find any mistakes please warn me because I didn't drink coffee today so I might have left some errors.