Chapter 22

Central city

Haise walks with robin into a bookstore. The ghoul looked around then back at his friend smiling softly "What's with us going to the book store ?" This made Robin in civilian cloths look at Haise " I need books for school before you say anything I know we could have got our books at Gotham but wanted to get out you know spend some time with you."

Haise laughed softly walking away into the huge store. He walked past some people and into the crime section of the store. Rows on rows of books stared back at the ghoul till a woman bumped into him by accident. "I'm so sorry." Haise looked at the woman before him her hair was green and in a bun with some glasses dressed in blue pants, sweater and converse. "No it's fine don't worry about it."

The woman looked at him fixing her glasses then smiled "you like criminal  books lots of action and adventure even thriller." Haise nods in  agreement "what's your name?" She looked at him smiling softly looking at him "it's Eto Yoshimura Sen Takatsuki. What's yours ?"

Haise played with his hair "Haise Sasaki  nice to meet you Yoshimura." Eto giggles a little till she looked at her watch then back at Haise "I have to go nice meeting you Haise." Before he could say bye she ran away leaving him alone.

Robin finds him holding books he purchased "there you are you ready?" Haise looks at his friend nodding leaving the book store "you seem in deep thought what's bugging you?" The ghoul looked at his friend till the reached the car "oh nothing just thinking about our next mission." They both get in the car driving back to mount justice. Eto looked from top of the roof smiling "nice to finally meet you Kaneki Ken."

Mount justice

Robin and Haise enter threw the boom tube greeted by KF. "So how was the trip ?" The bird laughed at the speedster "it was fine gotta study for some exams I'll see you later." Haise watched his friend leave to his room. "Haise there's a package here for you." KF ran and appears again with a box wrapped. The ghoul looks at it then grabs it confused but Superboy appears with miss Martian talking about training.  "Hey Haise what's up?" He looked at Superboy nodding his head "nothing much I'm go to my room and open this up."

The ghoul walked passed everyone looking at the package thinking who would send me something. He approached his door opening and closing the door behind him placing the box down. Sitting at his desk ripping the wrapping off opening the box. He sees a book and a mask with a eye patch red with white teeth and a zipper on the mouth piece rest mask was black with gas mask things on the neck. Haise picks it up eyeing it placing it down then saw the book.

He opened it reader on the inside to Ken Kaneki this made Haise grab his pain. The pain was quick then stopped placing the book down then grabbed the mask. Then he felt someone looking at him he turns around too see the person in his head looking at him and vanishing. Haise gets up placing the mask in the drawer then sits down on his bed. He thinks to himself Ken Kaneki why does that name feel so familiar.