Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

Prologue

This is Book 2 of The Broken Series. Book 1 is Ryan.

Content/Trigger warning: this book contains mature content, talks of suicide, mental and physical abuse, selfharm, addiction, and alcohol abuse.

Brynn
•••

The bartender we hired lines shots along the marble bar top with a grin on his face. I'm squished between my sister Calla and my best friend Tara, the bass thumping through the house nearly vibrating my bones. We each grip a glass and toss the shots back. I throw my arms up as the alcohol warms my body, excitement pumping through my veins. The music flows through my body making me sway my hips, bumping into Calla and Tara.

A group of us rented a house in Miami for spring break. It's currently packed with random people we invited over to party and I don't think I've ever had so much fun in my life. I've got my eyes set on a certain dark haired boy. We went to highschool together but he's currently in college and I've wanted him since as long as I can remember. He's never looked twice at me unfortunately, but this trip is gonna change things, I just know it. I am determined to get his attention no matter what it takes, I'm not above a little jealousy.

My eyes scan the room in search of the dark haired guy I can't seem to let go of but I don't see him anywhere. A frown tugs at my lips, where did he go?

"I'll be right back," I tell Calla and Tara but I'm not even sure they hear me over the music playing.

I fight my way through the dancing bodies, searching the den and the living room and noticing more than one dark haired guy missing. I pull open the glass doors and step into the backyard where the pool is. Sawyer, Dawson, and Nixon are relaxing there on the deck, four pretty girls fawning over them like they're celebrities. I eye the pool, my lips tilting up into a smirk as I peel my tiny dress over my head. I feel eyes on my skin and it only encourages me to work faster as I tug my panties down my legs, leaving me completely bare and then I jump into the pool.

Everything is silent until I break the surface, the water pushing my waist length blonde hair off my face. My blue eyes skate across the three college boys. Sawyer's the first to rise, he reaches back and tugs his t-shirt over his head, revealing his tattooed chest and follows with his shorts.

He approaches the edge of the pool and I shake my head at him, "Nuh uh, no clothes in the pool."

Dawson rises from his seat next and strips down, baring his football conditioned body without a care in the world. He flashes me a smirk before he cannonballs into the pool. His head pops up out of the water partially, revealing his face from the eyes up as he closes in on me. I laugh when his hands find my waist and he tosses me into the air. I squeal as I'm airborne for a second and then I'm submerged again.

I hear another body land in the water while I'm under and when I surface I see Sawyer, his boxers discarded at the edge of the pool and I'm sad I missed the show. Nixon remains panted in his spot, his lips wrapped around a blunt as his dark sapphire eyes meet mine. His pupils are blown out and its blatantly obvious he's done something other than smoking weed. He's lived in a constant state of numbness since his sister committed suicide a few years ago, he's a mere shell of the guy he used to be.

I crook my finger at him, flashing a sultry smile, "Come on, Nixon. Your turn."

He exhales a cloud of smoke and stares at me for a moment and then he rises. I feel victorious as he strips his shirt over his head and the girls that had been fawning over the group mouths fall open at the abdomen and chest he reveals. There's a single tattoo on his chest, Knox, inked right over his heart. He strips down and jumps in, the girls quickly following behind him.

Seth and Sasha exit the house, Seth's arm slung over Sasha's shoulders as he eyes our discarded clothes on the deck with a smirk.  "I see the party moved out here."

There's no coaxing necessary to get him into the pool. He quickly strips down to his boxers then he helps Sasha out of her dress, his hands running over her body. When she's naked he lifts her up and tosses her in before losing his boxers and doing a flip into the water with a wolf whistle.

I feel Nixon's eyes on me and I give him a wink and a smile in return. His dark hair sends water droplets down his face as he swims over and I can already feel things going exactly as planned.

Best Spring break ever, I couldn't help but think.

What I didn't know was how right I was about that Spring break changing everything. It altered my life in a way I never expected, gave me something I would treasure more than anything in this world.

My baby boy.

It gave me Brooks.