Chapter 30: Alpha's Orders

Chapter 30

By the time we made it to the house, I didn't know if I wanted to vomit or pass out. I just rushed to the bathroom while Beau followed me but I shut the bathroom door before he could see the events that unfolded.

I sank down next to the toilet and emptied my stomach until I was at the point where I was dry heaving. I flushed the toilet and shifted over to lean back against the bathtub because I felt as if all the energy in my body was drained and I had nothing else left to pick myself up.

I felt cold and empty as I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around myself. The further Thane went, the less I could feel him within me. But his pain was still very prominent.

I knew he was hurting but he never gave me a chance to explain.

Without realizing it, the tears were back with a vengeance and since I've been in this pack, I have never cried more in my life. I couldn't help the sobs that came as I recalled how Thane killed Ian. He said he couldn't forgive me but I couldn't forgive him for what he did.

The sight of my ring and my tattoo only made the tears pour harder than rain during a storm. I know I should be picking myself up but the pain made me incapable of doing such a thing.

Thane had my heart and he squashed it in his hands and nothing made me angrier. He even had the audacity to promise he wouldn't ever intentionally hurt me and that is exactly what he did less than twenty-four hours after making our vows. But a promise is a fool's comfort and I was an idiot for forgetting that.

I heard a knock on the door, "Not now Beau."

"It isn't Beau." I heard a female voice and knew exactly who it was, "You better unlock this door before I kick it down."

I tried to brush the tears away even though they kept falling as I managed to crawl over to the door and twist the lock.

I pushed myself back towards the bathtub as the door opened to reveal a worried looking Caroline.

By the sight of her, I lost it because I couldn't take it if someone else hated me. I covered my face as I heard her rush over, sat next to me and pull me into her arms.

We sat like that for a while with me crying my eyes out and Caroline comforting me in her warm embrace.

After my tears turned to quiet hiccups, she finally spoke up, "Are you okay?"

The only thing I could do was shake my head 'no'.

"I know what everyone thinks you did, but I don't have to know you for as long as they have to know that you could never do that Emery. I don't believe it one bit and I want you to know that neither does Bailey or Beau or Delilah and most of the pack." She explained.

I turned to look at her in shock, "That's not possible."

She pulled away from me and fanned before her nose, "You really need some mouth wash Em." She laughed and lightened the mood considerably.

A small smile graced my face as she helped pulled me to my feet. She pushed herself up and sat on the counter top while I got to work on removing the awful sourness that plagued my mouth after emptying my stomach.

"You showed me kindness when I'm sure everyone else in the pack would've killed me for being rogue." Caroline began, "If you hadn't helped Beau that night in bringing us together then I'm sure I would've been tortured down there. Heck you saved all the rogues down there, even the bad guys, because you told your mate to stop torturing them."

I rinsed my mouth out and set my toothbrush aside as I faced her, "Caroline-" I began to shake my head but she stopped me.

"No Emery, you couldn't even stand knowing that other werewolves who weren't apart of your pack were being killed. So then how could it be possible for you to just throw someone you know to the hunters? You wouldn't do that especially since you and Thane are married and you've never been closer to the pack. They're your family and friends Emery." She stopped and pulled my face to look in her eyes to see her sincerity, "You would and could never do that and I'm going to fight by your side to ensure that everyone, including that ass of a mate you got, knows that."