Jonas

"What the hell was that all about?" Spencer snaps at me.

"What?"

"Why were you being so cold?"

"He interrupted dinner with my brother!"

Yeah I lied. I don't want my protective older brother finding out I kissed his best friend.

"Bullshit!"

I'm taken aback by his raised voice. He's never that loud.

"Are you going to be like that with everyone?"

"No"

"God Lacey, grow up"

And with that he leaves me alone in the kitchen. Suddenly I had lost my appetite so I take my plate and throw away the food before putting it in the dishwasher and heading to my room.

I plop down on my bed and groan into my pillow. I decided to text Nova, she's the only one I've kept in touch with since I left.

Me- Hey can you come over? I need some girl time.

Queen 👑- It's about damn time you texted me! I'll be over in 10!

I toss my phone somewhere on my bed before rolling onto my back and just staring at the ceiling. What am I going to do? Jonas, the boy I said I was going to avoid is Spencer's roommate. Why the hell didn't he say anything to me?

"Lacey! Nova's here!" Spencer shouts from outside.

That was fast.

I leave my room and head into the living room where my best friend stands waiting for me.
When she sees me she rushes over to me and wraps me in a very tight hug.

"I've missed you Lace!"

"I've missed you to Nova"

"Don't you ever leave me again you bitch!"

I chuckle and wrap her in another hug.

After ours hugs are all out I grab her hand and lead her into my room.

"Damn, nice place"

"Yeah I know right. Spence said I get the attached bathroom so I don't have to deal with nasty college boys."

"How thoughtful" Nova says and I just laugh.

"Now spill, what's been going on?" She says sitting on my bed cross legged.

I sigh and lay down next to her.

"This sucks. I thought I'd come back and spend time with Spencer and my amazing best friend"

"You mean me right?" She asks interrupting me.

"No I'm talking about Benji"

She slaps me hard.

"Bitch take it back"

I chuckle and raise my hands in surrender.

"Okay okay I yield!"

She laughs.

"So why does it suck?"

"I didn't realize Jonas was my brother roommate when I agreed to live here for a month."

"And what exactly is the problem?" She asks with a raised eyebrow.

"You remember the Halloween party before I left, I told you I had my first kiss"

She nods.

"It was Jonas"

Her eyes widen.