Board Games and Mrs. Chang's

"Lace?" Spencer's voice comes from outside my door along with a light knock.

I sniffle and whip the tears off of my face.

"Yeah" I say with a forced voice

He slightly opens the door and peeks his head in.

"Hey Lace, you wanna talk about it?"

I shake my head but then quickly nod it as tears pour out of my eyes.

Spencer comes in and shuts the door behind him before coming over and plopping himself on my bed next to me.

"What happened?" He asks wrapping an arm around me

"I'm surprised you don't know, with as loud as we were being."

"I picked up pieces but I want the whole story."

I sniffle and wipe my nose, and Spencer hands me a tissue.

"Lacey are you pregnant?"

"No Spence I'm not."

"Then whose test is it?"

"I think it's Nova's"

His body tenses up and his jaw clenches.

"It's the only answer that makes sense. She's been in my room and the other day when I went out with Jonas she was sleeping off her heartbreak because Dakota broke up with her. But Jonas doesn't believe me, he claims that I'm lying to him. He doesn't trust me Spence and that really hurts."

"I know it does Lace. It sucks I know. But he'll come around I'm sure of it. He loves you a lot Lacey. He'll realize he made a mistake and apologize. He's just in a tough spot right now. With the baby incident and Victoria I just think it's a sensitive topic."

"I know, I get that. But not only did he accuse me of being pregnant but also that I lied to him about it. How could he even begin the think that? I love him Spence."

Spencer is silent a few more moments before finally speaking.

"I know you do Lace. Just give it time okay? It'll all work out. You guys are made for each other."

I flash a weak smile in his direction and wipe my nose with a tissue before blowing it.

There's a knock on the apartment door that pulls me out of my daze.

"That's the food, I'll go get it and be right back"

I nod as Spencer gets up from my bed and rushes out of my room.

A few minutes later he returns with a bag filled with Chinese take out.

"If you want to be alone tonight we can reschedule, I ordered you the chicken lo mein." He says handing me a take out box.

"No spence I don't wanna reschedule. Just give me a minute to freshen up and I'll be out there, just go get the game ready."

He smiles at me and takes the food back before stepping out of my room and shutting my door behind him.

>>>>>>>>

"Okay I think it's Professor Plum, in the library, with the candlestick" Spencer says with a huge smile on his face.

"Hmmm I don't know, if you think so" I say with a mischievous look on my face

Spencer narrows his eyes at me.

"Don't make me second guess myself Lacey Ginette"

I drop my jaw.

"Middle name basis now? Oh it's on Spencer Drake!"