Girl's Night

"Oh my god I need a Eugene in my life!" April says after the movie ends.

Nova and I chuckle at her as she lays her head back in the couch.

"More ice cream?"

April shakes her head and Nova pats her stomach

"I think I've had enough ice cream to last me the rest of the week"

I stand up and put the ice cream back in the freezer while the girls pick out the next movie.

"Hey Lacey, a whole new world or something there?" April's voice rings throughout the house.

"A whole new world. Aladdin is my bae!"

April laughs as she puts the movie in and nova joins me in the kitchen.

"Hey you feeling better?" I ask her as she grabs some water out of the fridge

She shrugs

"Yeah, hanging out with you guys is really helping, I just can't get over the thought of of him accusing me of such horrible things Lace."

I wrap her in a hug.

"I know Novs, I'm so sorry. But you'll always have me and April to get you through this."

She squeezes me tighter.

"I know thank you lace"

"I love you Nova"

"I love you too" she says squeezing me even more.

"Oh a hug party! Count me in!" April squeals walking over to us and pulling us into a bear hug.

We all giggle as we hug each other until the front door swings open and the two boys stumble in. Jonas holding Spencer up.

"What the hell happened?" I ask rushing over to help Spencer.

As I got closer I could smell the alcohol radiating off of him. I hadn't seen Spencer get drunk in a long time, something was wrong. But Jonas doesn't answer me, instead he rolls his eyes and starts dragging my brother into his room with Nova and I following close behind him.

Jonas finally manages to get Spencer into his bed before he straightens his posture and looks at me.

"What happened?" I ask gazing into his dark brown eyes.

"We just went out and drank a little that's all"

"That's all? You went out and drank again Jonas! You can't be doing this shit!"

He scoffs and rolls his eyes again.

"Why do you even care Lacey?" He snaps at me.

I'm taken aback by his tone and the harshness of his voice. Nova was too because she stared at him, eyes narrowed. Tears sting my eyes but I don't let them out, he didn't deserve them.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Nova snaps at him.

His eyes widen as he turns his attention to Nova whose clutching her stomach.

"How dare you treat her like that! She's done nothing but love you Jonas! And the first chance you get you don't trust her."

"I-"

"And then! You go and pull this shit! Just for once in your life take the responsibility of your actions! You know she always was there for you, always. And you find something and don't even let her explain what the hell is going on before you accuse her"

"Nova, stop" I plead

She turns to me and shakes her head.

"No he needs to realize how much of a dumbass he's being!"

"Novs, just drop it"

She looks into my eyes and calms herself by breathing.

"Fine" She says throwing her hands in the air.

"I just have one more thing to say Jonas. I'm the one that's pregnant, it was my test. Asshole"

With that she turns on her heel and storms out of the room.

Jonas shoved his hands in his pockets and looks to the ground. I waited for him to say something, anything. But he didn't.

"Make sure he gets lots of fluids when he wakes up" I say in a low voice before leaving the room and meeting the girls in the living room.

Nova looks at me with sympathy and April shows me a small smile.

"How about we go somewhere? I can have Wes meet us there and we can hang?"

I nod my head as Nova puts a comforting hand on my shoulder.

>>>>>>>>

"Wait, back up. He accused her of being pregnant, and broke up with her because he was to stubborn to listen." Wes repeats what Novs had told him

"He didn't break up with me" I say

Nova sends me a look.

"Not officially anyway, I mean technically we weren't even officially together, so we can't be broken up if we were never together"

"Babe he's a idiot" Wes says pulling another marshmallow out of the bag.

April had texted Wes and he and the boys met us at the lake, Drew and Sid set up a small bonfire, while Nova and April comforted me, and Wes and Bryce were getting all the gear out of the car.

"He'd have to be to turn you away, I mean you're hot Lacey" Drew pipes up with his mouth full of marshmallows.

Bryce smacks him on the back of his head.

"Shut the hell up moron"

Drew rubs the back of his head and pouts. I can't help but chuckle.

My attention is pulled away as my phone rings. I answer it seeing Benji's name pop up.

"Hey Ben"

"Hey Lace, I heard what happened. Are you okay?"

I shrug, then I realize he can't see me.

"I don't know."

"It's okay to feel like that you know, when people act stupid, I can be hard to forgive them, especially if they don't deserve it."

I stay silent as I pull some grass out of the ground.

"Lace? you still there?"

"Yeah" I reply in a whisper.

"Where are you?"

"The lake with Nova"

"I'll be there in ten"

"Thank you"

"Anytime"

"I'll see you soon"

"Bye Lace"

I end the call and put my phone back in my pocket as Nova sits down next to me.

"You feeling better?"

I shrug.

"Not really"

She wraps an arm around my shoulder and squeezes me.

"It'll be okay Lace"

My vision becomes blurry as the tears threaten to spill again.

"I know he was a dumbass but he loves you, you guys are destined to be together, he'll come back to you"

I force a smile at her as I pull my knees up to my chest and lay my cheek on top of them.

"Novs"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for earlier, I know you aren't ready for anyone to know"

She smiles at me.

"That's what sisters do"

She lays her head on my shoulder and we both stare at the crackling fire, listening to the chatter of our friends and feeling the cool breeze blow through the trees.