Promposal

The last few days since my breakdown in the bathroom had gone by so fast, Maya had stared sitting with us at lunch and we started hanging out after school with April and Nova.

It had been 5 days since Jonas left and we had been texting everyday and we'd talk on the phone before we went to bed. I really missed him, but he'd be back in a few days.

Right now, I was hanging out with my group of friends, the boys were practicing for their upcoming concert and the girls and I, also including Bryce and Benji, were listening and talking.

"What? You aren't going to the dance?" Maya says to me

"I didn't know there was a dance, I don't have time to get a dress or anything" I respond taking a sip of my root beer.

"Bitch please, you're best friends with me, I can get you a dress" Nova pipes up.

"If she doesn't want to go she doesn't have too." Bryce says

"You're just saying that, because you aren't going" April pipes up.

Bryce's face gets red.

"It's okay Bryce, we can go together." Maya says.

He flashes a smile in her direction.

Just then my phone rings.

My face lights up as I read the caller I.D.

"I'll be right back" I say shooting up and rushing into the living room of the twins house.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe, how's it going?"

"I miss you but I'm excited you're coming home soon! I have a whole thing planned for you, movies and dinner and then after-"

"Lulu I need to tell you something" he cut me off

"Sure, what's up?" I ask, some of my joy faltering.

"I have to stay a few extra days"

My stomach knots.

"Wh-what?"

"I'm sorry lulu"

"No, it's okay. I get it"

"Baby-"

"Listen I have to go, Nova's waiting for me"

Before he can respond I hang up. I let out a deep breath before heading back into the basement.

"Lace? Whats wrong?" Nova asks as I go downstairs.

"He's not coming back for a few more days"

"What the f-"

"Nova it's fine, he's helping his parents, I get it" I say cutting her off

She raises an eyebrow at me and puts her hands on her hips.

April and Maya stare at me with concerned looks.

"I'm fine, I'm just gonna head home okay?"

"Lace-"

April says but I cut her off.

"I'm fine" I say before turning and heading back upstairs.

I called Spencer to have him to come pick me up. I didn't say anything as we drove back to the apartment.

>>>>>>>>

"Lacey, are you going to talk to me?" Spencer asks as he takes a seat next to me on the couch.

"Jonas isn't coming back for a few days."

He stays silent for a moment before speaking.

"Lace, he's helping out his sick father"

"I know. I know. I just miss him like crazy and without him I just feel.... lonely. It's hard to explain spence. I just wish I had more time to process that he would be leaving, but he told me the day before."

Spencer slings his arm around my shoulders.

"I know Lace, but you can't change it now. Just think about when he comes back, you guys can spend all day together."

"You're right Superman"

"I know I am. I'd be a pretty shitty older brother if I wasn't"

I can't help but laugh.

My laughing is interrupted by a knock at the door. I stand up and open it to reveal Nova, April, and Maya.

"Hey Lace, you okay?" Nova asks

I shrug

"We brought you some ice cream and Disney movies" April says holding up a bag.

I chuckle and open the door wider, so that the girls can come in.

"Benji wanted to come, but we told him it's probably be better if it were girls only" Maya says.

I smile at them.

"Thanks guys"

They each hug me as Spencer walks back into the room.

"Maya" he says with a glare and cold tone.

The color drains from her face as she looks at him.

"H-hi Spencer"

The glare intensifies on Spencer's face.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I came to see if Lacey was ok"

"Get the hell out!" He snaps at her

"Spencer!" I scold him

"Lacey she doesn't deserve to be here, she needs to leave. NOW!"

"Spencer chill, she's my friend!"

"Lacey she's not! She's using you!"

"I'm not Spencer I swear!" Maya pleads

"Maya, I'm giving you 15 seconds to get the hell out!"

"No! Spencer stop!" I yell at him

"I'm done doing her dirty work Spencer I swear! I really care about Lacey, I wouldn't do that to her!"

What the heck were they talking about.

"Maya, if you as so much do anything to compromise Jonas and Lacey, I swear you will regret it!"

"I won't Spencer I swear!"

He glares at her again before turning around and heading into his bedroom.

"What the hell was that all about?" Nova asks

Maya turns to us, he cheeks red and her stance weak.

"My sister, has caused some Uh. Problems.... with your brother and boyfriend. She didn't have the nicest things to say about you either, and for the longest time I believed her. But that was before I knew you. After Joanna yelled at you at lunch last week, I knew what my sister was saying wasn't true. You're nothing like what she said and I started to like you and when you accepted me just like that, I knew our friendship would be good. I swear Lacey I have no intentions of hurting you or compromising your relationship with Jonas, because I really like him and he doesn't deserve it."

I was so beyond confused right now. I had no clue what was going on, but I needed to find out. I needed to know what the hell was going on before I snapped. This was to much for me to handle.

"Who's your sister?" I ask her, an uneasy calmness in my voice.

Maya crosses her arms and her face gets red.

"Maya" Nova says sternly.

"Answer her" April pipes in.

"Maya, who is your sister? Please tell me."

She lets out a deep breath before running her hands through her hair.

"If I tell you, promise you won't think of me any different?"

"Yes I promise, just please tell me Maya"

She rolls on the balls of her feet, she was nervous about telling me for some unknown reason. She look up at me and bites her bottom lip nervously before answering.

"My sister is Victoria"