Goes Around

I open the door to the roof slowly.

Do it

Tell her

I step out into the cool afternoon. Lacey and Nova were talking by the edge of the roof. Nova catches sight of me and gives me a small smile.

I step closer to them. It was only three in the afternoon but the storm clouds that were forming above us made it dark.

"Lulu?" I say quietly

She turns and looks at me with tears pouring down her face.

I shove my hands in my pockets.

Nova steps away and heads back inside.

"What do you want Jonas?" Her tone was cold

"We need to talk"

"I don't have anything to say to you"

The pain in my chest deepened.

Don't give up

Fight for her

"Lulu please"

"No Jonas! I told you how I felt! There's nothing left to say!"

The tears streaming down her face made the pain increase tenfold. It was because of me. Those beautiful blue eyes were hurt because of me.

"Then don't talk just listen"

Just then thunder claps overhead.

"Jonas, it's going to rain"

"I don't care. I need to tell you this, I need to get it off my chest"

I say taking a step closer to her.

"I know you're sick of hearing it and I know it doesn't change how I acted or what I did but I'm sorry. I'm so sorry baby. You were right I say it all the time and I shouldn't. I shouldn't make that many mistakes."

She furrows her eyebrows and I take a step closer.

"And you shouldn't forgive me. And I know it's not an excuse but you make me crazy lulu. I can't help it. I'm always on edge because I'm afraid. I'm afraid of losing you, I'm afraid of hurting you. I'm afraid of myself and what I could do."

Her face softens as more tears fall down her cheeks. More thunder claps above us and I feel a raindrop on my face.

"Jonas, lets talk inside"

"No I need to finish."

She folds her arms across her chest as more rain sprinkles on us.

"I'm going to admit it. I'm a fucking dumbass. And you don't deserve me. You don't deserve to be treated this way. You deserve so much better than me. And so much more than what I can give you. You deserve the world, and everything in it. You deserve someone who can give it to you." I pause and look deep into her eyes taking a step closer.

"And I know it's selfish, but I refuse to give you up. I refuse to let someone take you away from me. I refuse to not fight for you. I will not let you go. Not again. I can't."

"Jonas" she says my name in a soft voice

"I love you so much that I make mistakes, I love you so much that I can't sleep at night without you next to me. I love you so much that I can't get you out of my head and it drives me insane."

I take another step closer to her as the rain gets heavier. We were mere inches apart and her eyes never left mine.

"I love you so much it is painful, emotionally, mentally and physically."