(141) Not Living Well at All

If it is a person, then they have a weak point.

Liu Qu this person had a fatal point, that was his greed for money and lust. Taking prisoner in custody, this kind of lucrative job, he often took advantage of his position to do the job like accepting bribes. If it was only this, then Chu Qing-Yan won't have a hold over him, but this person's greed was outrageous to the point that it could cover the sky. There were several prisoners awaiting execution that used ten thousand taels to buy back their lives. The day of execution, Liu Qu replaced the original with a fake, after all a lot of the time the person being executed had their head covered. No one would know if the person being beheaded was the original person.

And no one would have foreseen Liu Qu would dare to keep his supervisors in the dark, to achieve his goals using underhanded means and privately doing such things.

So when Chu Qing-Yan was told about this stuff, she really felt as if even Heaven was helping her.

So what if Liu Qu was Fu family's people? She had his handle and assumed that he wouldn't make things difficult for her.

As a result, Chu Qing-Yan brought people and walked toward the prison cell. Only that she was stopped after walking halfway there.

Chu Qing-Yan with a smile looked towards Liu Qu. "What is the meaning of this, Honorable Official Liu?"

"The royal prison's rule, you can only bring one person with you." Honorable Official Liu wiped away the sweat as he explained. Don't know why whenever he saw this little consort smile at him, he would feel the hair on his body stand on end.

"Chu Qing-Yan nodded. "The rules shouldn't be broken, this princess understands."

As a result, she turned around and looked at everyone she brought with her and without any hesitation, pointed to Air Spirit.

Air Spirit knew medicine, so bringing him along was useful. Just in case Big Block of Ice got something from being drenched in rain that night, he could go over and help him check.

As a result, the two of them under the official's guide slowly walked into the depth of the prison cell.

After Chu Qing-Yan's group disappeared from the light, Liu Qu clenched his fist and ruthlessly spat. After so many years of catching falcons, he never expected to be pecked in the eyes by a falcon and still by such a young falcon.

So many years' worth of secrets, he was frenetic and angry at the same time. But he had no other alternative, don't know how he will explain this to Concubine Yue.

From Concubine Yue's side comes riches, honor and future prospects, but Princess Consort Ying had grabbed onto his lifeline. Wealth versus life, of course life was more important.

The people waiting at the beginning of a flight of stairs bowed deeply to Chu Qing-Yan.

"Prison head Zhang thanks you for your trouble." This was the person Earth Spirit and them had said received a favor from Big Block of Ice.

"Princess Consort Ying is too polite, please walk this way." Prison head Zhang bowed to point the way.

Chu Qing-Yan nodded and brought along Air Spirit to walk forward step by step.

The nine layers of the royal prison wasn't layer after layer that went up, rather layers that went down.

It didn't have light. It was darkness.

The more you went down, the quieter it was. Besides the sounds of footsteps that echoed back in this sealed space, there was only the sound of water dripping making 'drip' sounds.