Him and Me- Thirty Seven.

I found Colby slumped down on the booth, leaning against the back rest with his legs stretched out in front of him. His eyes were closed. Despite my still pissed off mood, my heart softened at the sight. Colby looked adorable like that. His legs, being long, stretched far off the booth and I had to step over them to get to my seat. He didn't even flinch when I dropped on to the booth, proving truth to my assumption: he was really, really tired.

Being drugged, tied up and then having talked to a friend whom you had a misunderstanding with must've taken a toll. I knew I felt the exhaustion back when we were at the car. Glancing at our table, I noticed another half-eaten tub of sundae on there. Slightly amused, I shook my head. He got another sundae? No wonder he zonked out.

Collette, our favorite waitress, suddenly appeared at our table and smiled at me. She was in her late thirties, with fiery red hair and bright blue eyes. I had always thought she could pass up as a woman in her late twenties. Yep, she was really beautiful, and youthful too. She also always tells the cook to add additional fries on our plate, so yes, she really was our favorite.

She pointed at Colby and mouthed "so cute" at me, all the while wiggling her eyebrows. I shook in silent giggles but nevertheless nodded at her. She waved and hurried off, having been summoned by another customer, and I took the chance to look at the sleeping boy across from me. A small smile worked its way up my lips as I took in everything: from the way his eyebrows arched over his eyes, to how his lashes fanned his eyes perfectly. To the delicate line of his nose and his prominent cheek bones. To the soft curve of his red lips and his strong chin and jaw. I bit my lip as a thought made itself known in my mind.

Colby Mariano was extremely handsome.

My cheeks flushed yet again, accentuated by the furious beating of my heart. I had always thought Colby was good looking, even when I disliked him very much. But now, having known what kind of person he truly was... oh boy. 

He was gorgeous, both inside and out.

Suddenly feeling like some sort of a creep, I blinked and forced my eyes to look at something else. My brain kept thinking though, and thoughts about how cute and handsome and gorgeous my best friend was kept coming in. I was mortified. Why was I even thinking these things? Sure, they were true, but must my brain kept flashing Colby's face and his smile when he was just sitting in front of me? 

Son of sharks, this was some psycho stalker-ish characteristic, right?

Lost in my own little world, I didn't realize that Colby already had his eyes opened and was watching me, an amused little smile on his face. I didn't see the gentle look in his eyes, and the soft expression on his face. I didn't see how he had opened his mouth and closed it again, seemingly hesitant to say something.

Instead, he cleared his throat, which automatically made the already crazy beating of my heart turn even crazier. I jumped, hand over my throat, as my head whipped back to look at him. He blinked, surprised at my reaction, and then immediately drowned into fits of laughter. I, on the other hand, shot a death glare at him. That fueled his laughter even more, and while I was feeling annoyed, I couldn't help but think how good he looked at that moment. So carefree, so happy. It made him scaring me worth it.

Well, almost. I probably looked really stupid just then. Maybe I was scared too easily.

I swallowed hard, and crossed my arms over my chest. After what seemed to be a gazillion years, Colby finally calmed down. When his eyes, shining from unshed tears, met mine, my breath caught in my throat. There was pure joy in them, and a flash of... adoration? As quickly as it came though, it was gone and I was left wondering if I just imagined it. With the way my mind was thinking right now, I just probably had imagined it.