Chapter 32

"I don't think it would be necessary Nevaeh. There isn't any change in his condition, you will be the first person to know if he responses to the drugs. Just don't risk coming to Seattle."

"I just want to get done with this year Summer. His presence is eating my sanity!" I gruff out in frustration. I take a sip of my warm tea and lean on the back rest. I look around and notice that the cafe was filled with people. Teenagers, old gentleman, ladies and kids. I take a deep breath in and twirl my cup boringly.

She doesn't respond.

"Summer are you there?"

"Yeah.." She lazily trails off. Park Enterprises is rebuilding. Summer had a ton on her plate right now, with the Japanese deal successfully getting closed, to new mergers and tie ups, Park Enterprises was officially strengthening its roots again. I run my fingers over the Intricate design of the cutlery  and grab a biscuit.

"How is Cece's divorce going? I don't think it's smooth is it?"

"Not at all. One wants out while the other is obsessed. They are practically on the verge" I shake my head. I swallow and decide to bring the topic about Terence's grandmother. She must be knowing something about that stern lady. Her image popped in my brain and I instantly felt my heart beat increase. Quite a night.

"Summer do you know anything about Mrs.Rodriguez, Terence's grandmother?" I eagerly wait for her reply and silently munch on my biscuit.

"Not much. They are all closed Nevaeh. All I know is that she is the second wife of Mr. Ethan Rodriguez but she is the mother of Mr.Anthony Rodriguez." So Terence is her legitimate heir.

"Who is Terence's mother?" I look around and silently whisper. I didn't want people to listen to my conversation.

"I'm sorry but I don't have an answer for that. But I guess..just a guess okay..Mr.Anthony Rodriguez was not a faithful husband." I nod at her words. I don't ask her much after that and cut the call. A young looking waitress probably in her early twenties approaches me and bills me. I grab my wallet and leave the money with a decent tip.

"Thank you Mam, do visit  again." I smile at her and grab my black Prada handbag. I close my laptop and dump the notes in my bag. I walk out of the cafe and take a deep breath when the sun's hot rays smooch my face. It was a Thursday today. It's been four days since we visited Rodriguez Mansion. After his 'nan' so bluntly put in my way her outrageous proposal I didn't utter a word. We left and I always found Terence giving me secret glances after that. I was uncomfortable. His heavy stare always scrutinises  me but now after  3 months..3 and  a half to be precise I grew a shield around me. I learned to block him.

It's been really long since I had a me time and I decided to head to the cafe, an hour from where I stay. For these past four days we followed a formula. I make breakfast and dinner and I silently make some extra for him. After all he was the one who disposed his house staff out. He should be cooking for himself for all I care. But still my weak, 'positive' side takes over and I keep whatever I made aside for him. I don't ask him to eat and he doesn't ask me to cook. Fair enough.

But I always find the packed food empty the next day. I don't ask him and neither does he talk about it. Fair enough.

I sigh.

I don't know what tugs me but I feel a need to look after him. It maybe because of the responsibility as his wife or being the mistress of the house. I really don't know. At times I see him come really late at nights. I don't wait for him but the sounds of his powerful boots wakes me up and I clutch my rug closer to my chest concentrating on everything he does. He leaves very early too. It's almost impossible to catch a glimpse of him. It's better this way, at least that's what I try to reassure myself.