64 | Sneak Attack

a/n: 
Me: "Pick a song."
My friend: "Down With The Sickness by Disturbed."
Me: *looks into the camera like I'm on The Office*

"I can't believe you got your appointment for an hour before practice starts," Rosalie said, shaking her head. She leant over her knees in the waiting room as Joanna dropped her duffle on the ground. She kicked it so it rested between her legs where she held it down with her feet and unzipped it. She pulled out a case and started taking out her piercings—the ones she could take care of on her own, anyway.

"You didn't have to come," Joanna said, both hands on her earlobe. She cursed as she snapped the back off of one. She held it out and rubbed the pad of her thumb over the spike attached to the silver piercing. "You've been avoiding me since Tuesday anyway. Not like I expected you to come."

"I haven't been... avoiding you," Rosalie said, quietly. She looked around the waiting room, but it was relatively empty. There was a woman nearby inked up to her neck, and the guy behind the reception counter had about as many piercings as Joanna did, if not more.

Another piece of metal clinked into the case on Joanna's lap. "We don't have to talk about it. I just don't want you ghosting me, Rosie-girl."

"I won't ghost you," she said, and at this, Joanna looked at her. Rosalie brought her thumb to her teeth and said, looking at the wall ahead of them. "I've just been thinking. A lot."

"Don't hurt yourself," Joanna laughed.

At that moment, Joanna's name was called to the back room. Joanna stood up, kicking her duffle against the side of Rosalie's leg. She shook her case of piercings at Rosalie before leaving and said, "Tell me all about what you've been thinking some day. Every damn detail."

Rosalie swallowed hard as she watched Joanna step around the corner after the attendant. Joanna glanced back at her before leaving Rosalie to wait with their duffles at her feet.

Rosalie's phone buzzed in her pocket. She lifted it up to see a notification from none other than Drew Mendoza. Her brow furrowed at the name and she thought to herself, Since when did Mendoza and I become texting buddies?

____

DREW: Cute photo of you on Insta 😘

ROSALIE: Since when do you follow me on Instagram

DREW: Since August

____

Rosalie didn't doubt Drew, but it still felt bizarre. It made her want to put her account on private. If Drew was following her without her knowing, who else was? The real question remained: How many of Joanna's thugs from Germany followed her?

She went to change her settings immediately before answering Drew.

____

DREW: That freaked you out didn't it.
Damn, so sensitive.

ROSALIE: I'm not sensitive.

DREW: Something a sensitive person would say
When are you visiting USW we should collaborate on this

ROSALIE: More like conspire.

DREW: Now is it so wrong for us to vacation together in our new home city?
What hotel are you staying at?

ROSALIE: I haven't decided.