twenty two

What was that? Was he too surprised by my sudden actions? Maybe he was suffocated because I covered his mouth.

I waited for Beomgyu to come here in the rooftop. After a few minutes, he already came.

He stiffened as he sat beside me, already knew what I'll be asking. "Sorry for suddenly leaving you yesterday. It's because I'm not used to narrow places."

"You don't need to be sorry." I muttered. In fact, I should be the one who should be sorry. I didn't know he has that kind of phobia. "Are you okay now?"

"Yes, I'm fine!" He said, smiling.

🌰

Friday came and it's already Yeonjun's birthday.

"Happy birthday!" I greeted him with an awkward smile.

"That's all?" He asked. "No message or gift at all?"

"Can't you just simply say thanks?" I raised my brow.

Even if it's his birthday, he shouldn't be that demanding. As for my gift, I'll give it to him later.

When I went to my seat, I noticed that Beomgyu was nowhere to be seen. The bell rang but he's still not here. I got to admit that I felt slightly uncomfortable with his absence. He's a pure boy. Even though he told me yesterday that he's fine, I still feel bad. What if something worse happened to him? I'm really concerned about him.

Wait, did I just say that I'm concerned??

"Wake up from your senses." I said to myself.

It's just natural to be concerned because he's my friend. That's what friends are for, right?

"Wake up from what?" Yeonjun asked confusedly.

"Oh nothing!" I retorted.

It's already our dismissal and I remembered that Yeonjun and I will be going to the concert today.

"What should I wear?" Yeonjun asked, scanning his closet.

"How about this?" I said, giving him a paper bag that contains my gift.

"What is--" His eyes widened as he saw what's inside. "You bought these for me?"

"Uh huh," I nodded. "It's--"

I was about say something but he pulled me into a hug. "Woah, Nami! I didn't know that you're this thoughtful."

I was quite uncomfortable with the hug but I just let him be because he was too happy.

"Thank you, by the way!" He gave me a big smile.