Twenty One

Cristiano

It was crazy how I craved her, even though I was hurt.

Weird how I missed her, even though I was let down.

Strange how I wanted her, even though she didn't want me.

I picked up the phone every day, finding her number and hesitating on pressing call.

I would flick through our pictures together on my phone, smiling and chuckling as I remembered each memory.

Lying in bed, I'd miss her company, her touch, her sweet scent lingered there. I didn't want to change the sheets. I missed her.

She had done something to the old Cristiano because the new one was desperate to see her again, and never let her go.

Rose

The bathroom had an earthy feel. The walls were large format tiles of white honed travertine and the floor was made of dull brown tiles. The vanities were of a dark wood and the counters were a brilliant white quartz. There was no bath but instead a huge walk in shower.

I walked out in a soft, comfy dressing gown that had been hung on the wall. I used a small towel to continue drying my hair as I strolled into my room, shutting the bathroom door behind me.

With a small sigh, I was about to walk over to my dresser until a knock came onto the door.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion before I walked over to the door. Opening it slowly, I recognised a familiar face.

I closed the door automatically, groaning softly.

"Rose, you can't hide in here forever."

I bit my lip hard, hesitating before replying, "but I can try."

"Open the door, Rose. I've got cookies?"

I rolled my eyes to myself and turned, opening the door for him. He grinned at me, waving the bag of warm cookies in my face. I rolled my eyes again, letting the man in as I shut the door behind me.

I sighed, following him as he sat on the couch and I sat not too far away, my head resting on my fist.

"Nice hotel room," Dax told me with a grin, looking around the elegant room. I gave him a small smile. "Thanks."

"So. . .Tori's been asking for you."

"Mmhmm? She'll have to wait until I'm done dying," I replied, giving him a sarcastic smile. Dax rolled his eyes, chuckling. "Can I have some advice?" I looked up, expectantly at him, raising my eyebrow curiously.

"I want to try things again with her but. . .I don't know if she wants to."

"Oh, she definitely wants to," I chuckled, with a grin. "Did you see the way she looked at you? Oh, she's waiting for you to make a move."

"Well, why can't she?" Dax asked, utterly confused.

"Because she wants you to be a sweet gentleman, Dax. Ask her on a date or something," I advised him, giving him a warm smile.

"You think so?" I nodded, running my hand through my half dry hair.

"Okay, I will. . .I will if you talk to Cris."

I laughed, "I knew something was coming!"

Dax gave me a smug, little grin. "Come on, Rose. I'll take Tori out for a date if you talk to Cris. You guys met months ago and found each other again. Tell me that's not fate."

I rolled my eyes. "Fate is wrong and since when did you become this optimistic love expert? You're usually the opposite."

"Yeah, well, Tori came back so I guess she changed my perspective," he replied, a small, lopsided smile forming on his face. I gave him a smile as I shook my head. "I'm not gonna talk to him, Dax. I kissed his best friend and he's always been loyal to me. I feel awful. I can't bring myself to see him again. I don't think he'd want to see me."