[6]

The smaller groups had met up, they were now searching together again

The smaller groups had met up, they were now searching together again. "Hey, how do we know this is the right way?" Murphy questioned, Diana realized he has a point, they have no idea where jasper is.

"We don't." Bellamy snarled. "Spacewalker thinks he's a tracker."

"It's called cutting sign. Fourth-year Earth skills, He's good." Wells explained.

Low moans of pain came from the distance. "What the hell was that?" Diana asked.

"Now would be a good time to take out that gun." Clarke told Bellamy.

They made it to a clearing, in the middle of it was a large tree that had been stripped of it's leaves. In that tree was Jasper, he was tied up. "Well fuck." Isaac breathed out.

Clarke ran forward. "Clarke, be careful!" Finn called after her.

The blonde ignored Finn and continued to run before she fell, Bellamy running after her and getting a hold of her wrist. "Pull her up!"

"Get her up here!"

Bellamy got Clarke out of the hole. "You okay?" Finn asked her.

She nodded. "I'm fine. We need to get him down."

"I'll climb up and cut the vines." Finn stated.

Wells moved forward. "Yeah, yeah, I'm with you." He said walking up to Finn but the boy with the long hair stopped him.

Shaking his head Finn spoke. "No. Stay with Clarke." He threw a dirty look towards Bellamy. "And watch him. You."
Finn called out to Isaac. "Let's go."

Isaac rolled his eyes and followed Finn, climbing up the tree.

Diana noticed some sort of leaf like object on Jasper's chest. "What the hell's on his chest?"

"That's a poultice on his wound." Clarke informed her.

Wells stepped forward to get a closer look. "Medicine? Why would they save his life just string him up as live bait?" He asked.

Bellamy shook his head. "Maybe what they're tryna catch likes it's dinner breathing."

"Maybe what they're trying to catch is us." Finn said.

Diana scoffed at the comment. "Way to lighten the mood Spacewalker."

"Hurry up, Isaac." Finn rushed the other boy in the tree.

"Be careful." Clarke demanded, and she was right they couldn't afford to lose lives on the ground.

From the bushes surrounding the clearing Diana could hear a deep growling. "What the hell was that?" Murphy asked looking around.

"Grounders?" Diana suggested, which was believable.

More growling and snarling began to get closer. "Bellamy, gun!" Clarke shouted as the animal, some sort of black panther looking cat, ran across the clearing. Bellamy went for the gun that was no longer on his hip.

The cat jumped out at Diana and Bellamy and a series of gunshots rang out, only one hit the panther and clicking from the empty gun could be heard. "Now she sees you." Bellamy snapped, taking the gun out of Wells' hand.

Finally Isaac and Finn were lowering Jasper out of the of the tree. The walk back to camp was mostly silent except when Jasper would groan in pain. Bellamy and Finn were carrying the, well, dieing boy as Murphy and Isaac carried the panther. A couple of people announced the group's arrival.

"They're back!"

"Over there!"

Monty was the first to greet them, directing his attention on Jasper. "Is he..."

"He's alive." Clarke stated. "I need boiled water and strips of cloth for bandages." She demanded walking towards the dropship, Monty, Isaac and Finn followed her. Diana watched as Bellamy and Murphy set the dead animal next to a fire in the middle of camp.

"Who's hungry?" Bellamy lifted an arm into the air, the camp cheered for him and occasionally his name was called out.

Isaac walked out of the ship and saw how his bestfriend was staring at Bellamy with admiration rather than her usual scowl of disgust. "Hey." He greeted, nudging her with his elbow.

Diana looked up to him. "Hey." She smiled.

"You're staring at Blake, are you on something?" Isaac asked.

Diana snorted. "I wish, but no. Look at him Isaac, the man has power. These people already look up to him. That, my friend, is something I want." She explained.

"You'll get there, Dee. Give it time." Isaac tried to make her feel better.

"Wait, what the hell?" Diana stepped forward noticing that the delinquents were taking off their wristbands off for food.

Finn joined them. "Hey man." He started towards Isaac. "Thanks for your help today."

"No problem Spacewalker." Isaac shrugged, he needed to get away from the dropship even if it meant possibly finding a dead Jasper.

"It's been awhile since I've eaten, I'm taking this shit off." Diana stated looking down at the wristband on her arm, before she could move forward Isaac quickly stopped her.

"No. You're not." He said. "Your dad's up there."

"My dad killed my mother. If he thinks I'm dead, he'll feel what I've felt the past seven years." Diana yanked herself out of his grip and moved towards the fire.

"Diana stop!" Isaac shouted loudly. He shook his head and walked over to Murphy and Blake. "Take it off." He told Murphy who looked at him like he was crazy.

"You serious?" Blake intervened.

"Yeah, I'm serious." Isaac bit looking at them both.

Murphy shrugged. "Alright then." The boy gestured for Isaac to put his arm down on a rock. He put his arm down and John wedged his knife in between Isaac's wrist and the metal, painfully prying it open.

A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he rubbed his arm which was now free. Diana shook her head. "Murphy is insane."

Clarke walked out of the dropship joining Diana and Finn. "Jasper's stable for now, but without medicine..." She trailed off noticing how people were trading their wristbands for food. "They're taking off their wristbands for food? No way. I- I won't."

"You don't have to." Finn stated, moving towards the fire and grabbing two sticks with cooked meat on them, Isaac made his way back over to Diana, he handed her some food.

Murphy stuck his arm out infront of Finn. "Whoa, whoa. Wait, wait, wait. What, you think you play by different rules?"

Finn shook his head. "I thought there were no rules." He walked away from Murphy and over to Clarke, they sat down and started eating.

Diana grabbed Isaac's hand and pulled him into the dropship. "You didn't have to do that Isaac."

"You're right, but I did, so eat." Isaac said sitting down.

a/n
So since I want Diana to have her role as a leader next to Bellamy (since I want their fude to die off eventually.) I'm going to have Diana in many of the scenes we see Clarke in. Of course Clarke is still going to have an important place in the story she's still going to be a big character.

And sorry for the short chapter.