five

•••

•••

"Ellie Ward" A man who she was introduced to as Everett Ross muttered under his breath, "You were not who we were looking for today, but I guess we finally found you again."

"I bet that was a pleasant surprise for you." She smirked looking around.

"Not really." He replied sarcastically passing her, Steve and Sam files on themselves.

"Wow, don't hold back the truth Ross." She told him, scanning the file quickly. "You've got quite a length file on me."

"Is that really necessary?" Ellie heard a voice ask from behind her. Ellie turned to see an agent asking an armed guard who was stood around a Glass box.

"Oh my god." She muttered to herself before jogging over to where Bucky was in the glass box.

"Are you alright?" He asked her quickly looking her up and down.

"I'm fine, you didn't make it to Berlin then?" she smirked.

"Nah got a bit caught up." He joked.

"I'll see you later, love." She told him as she was dragged away, him smiling at her Britishness.

"Be safe." He replied as she disappeared out of his eyeline.

As Ellie re-joined the others in a corridor, she looked to her right to see Natasha stood beside Steve.

"So El, when I spoke to you this morning, and I told you not to get arrested or to make it worse, this was kind of what I meant to avoid." Natasha told her sarcastically walking into a room with Tony and Rhodey.

"Its not like we tried to get arrested." she replied as her, Sam and Steve were led into another room by a woman she had been introduced to as Sharon Carter.

As they sat in this room she could feel Steve, Sam and Sharon both looking at her but she ignored them and continued to read her file with disbelief. It contained information that she knew only one person would know.

"Unbelievable." she muttered standing up and leaving the room and walking into the one next door.

"Its been a while Ellie." Tony said as she burst through the door.

"I TRUSTED YOU." Ellie shouted at Natasha throwing down her file on the table.

"Ellie-" Natasha began but Ellie cut her off.

"You told them"

"El, its my job."

"NO NATASHA. You're job is a spy and that is exactly what you are." She shouted.

"Maybe we should go." Tony said referring to himself and Rhodes.

"Sit down." Natasha growled causing the two met to sit quickly.