Chapter 11: Trouble before the Tournament

Lucian and Alice were really hitting it off, so I stepped off to the side a bit to give those two a little time alone.

Looking over into the training barracks I saw Cornelius surrounded by a whole bunch of other knights. They were murmuring amongst each other, and I caught quite a few of them glancing over at me. I wondered what they were talking about but pushed their stares to the back of mind since it was unlikely that I would ever find out.

The training baracks were located within the noble sect of the Girannon, which was a bit separated from the general public. Girannon was actually shaped like an oval. With the Royal and Noble sects located right in the center of the oval. On the east side of Girannon was the harbour and the docks, where trading and selling and most of the markets and festivals took place, While the West side of Girannon was inland territory that was ideal for farming and training barracks. the northern and southern parts were used for the public's housing.

All the noble families like the Marcellus's and the Von Esterheim's lived in the noble sect, a short distance away from the palace, and some of the fancier dress shops and more exclusive venues were also located in the noble sect.

My eyes wondered over the beautiful scenrey of open fields and long green grass when suddenly it landed on a girl. She was definitely a noble, I could tell by the jewels she wore in her hair and the pretty clothes she wore. Her servant girl stood next to her, she was dressed in more plain clothes but quite good quality compared to what I had seen the other servants wear. The noble girl had light blue hair (the hair colours were only getting more exotic the longer I stayed here) and matching light blue eyes. But the way she poised herself and the way she was staring at the back of Alice's head made me think that there was something poisonous about her.

She glared menacingly at Alice as she talked to Lucian, in a way that made me want to shield the unsuspecting Alice from her gaze.

But then she noticed that I had seen her stare, immdeiately I curtseyed to her as was the custom for me since I wasn't a noble. Suddenly her face changed into a delicate smile, one that even made me swoon, but I didn't forget the look of hatred on her face a moment ago. She nodded her head at me as was customary. She began to walk over to Alice, and I prayed that there wouldn't be any trouble. Just incase, I also walked over to Alice.

I watched as she intertupted Alice and Lucian's conversation with her very sweet sounding voice, "Hello Alice, My apologies for for interrupting..."

Alice turned around at her voice and I saw the spark of recognition in her eyes as she saw the girl behind her.

"Rosalie. How are you?" Asked Alice politely.

"I'm very well, thank you. My maid and I went shopping for a gown for the Royal ball. We were on our way back home when I happened to see you here." She giggle charmingly. Right now she seemed all charms and beauty. That menacing look she had a few moments ago was non-existant, her ability to be so fake amazed me.

"What a coincedence, Riley and I were also shopping for gowns, but we extended our trip to come and meet Riley's friend..." She gestured to Lucian, who bowed respectfully towards Rosalie. When she noticed Lucian a new facade of sweetness washed over her face as she nodded at him.

"Enchanted to meet you." She said, to Lucian with a hint of seduction to her tone. Then she spotted the silk wrapped parcel in Alice's hand. She eyed it greedily as if she desparetly wanted to have it.

"Ah. I see your gown... May I have a look?" She asked, loosing her composure slightly.

"Well. I think it's best to wait until the ball." Replied Alice, not willing to entertain Rosalie's request. "Have you met my friend Riley?" Alice asked trying to change the subject, she motioned towards me.