Chapter 18 - Kris' Side Quest

A/N: Guess who found a ton of Kralsei images since his depart? Little old me did. Prepare yourself cuz I won't have mercy showing them! Onto the chapter now!

Susie's POV

After the battle with Ranger Rudinns was finished, I leaned on a wall, ignoring all the stuff that had happened.

Man, without my ax... I can't fight as I did before. Now I got to ACT like a total loser...

I realized how much I missed the ax. I could beat anyone anyway but it was way cooler with an ax than my fists. Then I noticed neither Kris nor Ralsei were near me.

What the-

I looked at the castle entrance (from inside) and saw Ralsei walking to me with a concerned face. She came over to me but didn't say a word. I waited for her to talk but she didn't even bother.

"So...? Where did Kris go?" I asked her, breaking the silence. She didn't respond. I snapped my fingers near her eyes and she 'woke up'. "Helloooo?"

"Oh! S-Sorry, Susie! I was... uh, thinking." She answered not making eye contact on the last word). "Do you need something?"

"Uh, yes. I asked you where DID Kris go?" I said, annoyed. That girl still pissed me off. I didn't trust her. Why would I trust someone in a world where is nothing is as it seems? I couldn't believe how much Kris trusted her. How could he trust such useless girl? She's nothing without him...

But then again, the way they both look at each other... It's almost like-

"He, uh..." She put her hand on her chin in a very suspicious way. "He said he had an important thing to do but didn't tell me what." She hid her mouth in the scarf.

"Sureeeeeeeeee." I answered not believing a single word and simultaneously looking away.

"Don't worry, Susie! I'm sure he won't take long!" Ralsei cheered but I continued to ignore her.

Guess we're staying here for a while.

General POV

Kris wandered around the field of purple grass, looking for a specific darkner. The darkner that never had faint. The only creature in the Dark World that didn't believe the legends. The person whose past is obscure and unknown.

Seam. (sike)

He walked from place to place until he saw a tent in the distance. As he did, he ran to it.

"Hee hee... Welcome, Lightners." He greeted but didn't look at Kris. Seam then turned around and notice it was just the human. "Oh- It's just you."

Kris asked Seam if he had any axes that he would like to get rid off.

"No. I only sell junk here." He answered. Disapointedly, Kris left the tent without saying further words or waving. As such, he started thinking about a possible Plan B.

This whole thing about the ax wasn't too important but Kris' thought it was his mission to get Susie a new one. Not because he liked her that much but because he thought it was the right thing to do. Even if she had broken it while almost killing him.

Suddenly he had an idea. He ran to the place where the ax broke. But before leaving, he returned to the tent and asked the shopkeeper for an item he had for sure.

Susie's POV

Ralsei and I were just chilling in the first corridor of the castle. There was silence only filling the room. No guards were near, no alarms were activated. Just the sound of nothing but an occasional fly passing by.