chapter 10

jack
1:32am
i had missed her, so much. i was tearing myself apart, staring up at my ceiling thinking of what she could be doing right now. i grabbed my phone and looked at my old pictures with her.

ones of us cuddling, group pictures, even one from the picnic date i had taken when she wasn't looking. fuck i missed her so much, all the guys haven't talked to me since the party. i wouldn't have talked to myself either, i had embarrassed myself in front of that entire party.

i was sober but i had just gotten jealous. i ended up looking through our old text conversations, not speaking to her had me at my breaking point. never at one point was i, away from her for more than thirty minutes but now it had been half a day and counting. i miss her too much. tears had left my eyes, while they closed.

7:51am
my alarm set off and i slammed my hand down on it, to make it shut up. i got up and went straight to the bathroom to brush my teeth then wash my face, getting ready for the day.

i grabbed my face towel and dried my face, i looked up at myself in the mirror.
"you can do this."
i sighed and walked out of the bathroom, the front door opened and closed. i peered over from the railing of the stairs, it was johnson. he was at tali's, i grabbed my phone and keys from my room then headed downstairs. he didn't even look in my direction, it killed me not talking to him too. my best friend since kindergarten, completely shutting me out like i was dead to him.

talia
8:03am
"come on let's go." he said grabbing my arm.
"sammy you told me to get ready to go out for an event."
"yea, it's going to be fun."
"i don't wanna go watch a horse race, that's the most random shit you've ever come up with."
"please, this girl i really like is going."
"you're going? because you like this girl.. that watches horse races?"
"nevermind, let's go to nate's" he said pulling me fully up so i was standing on both my two feet.
"but why, sammy! aubrey is there and i don't like her." i whined.
"she's not there, nate told me she's been gone for a week with her boyfriend to cabo or something."
"ugh fine." i said grabbing the keys to my car.

i walked out of the house and straight into my car, i started my car and waited for sammy to come out. he came out with a case of beer and i rolled my eyes.
"i'm not drinking."
"did i say you were." he chuckled.

i started driving to nate's house, i don't even know why we have to drive. he doesn't live that far from us, i turned left on the corner. i looked to see sammy on his phone, i took another left and drove up to the driveway. i parked and turned off my car, "see look her car isn't even here."
"shut up sammy, i'm always going out because of you."
"you could always deny but no you want to go because you don't like having girl friends and you think guys understand better." he laughed and i smiled.

i had always been like that since fourth grade, i hated fake girls. so, i started clicking with a bunch of guys. once sammy introduced me to the guys, they were all my go to.

"aye lil ma." nate said pulling me in for a hug.
"hi!" i said happily.
"you doin alright? after.." he asked trailing off his voice a little bit.
"yea, i could be a little bit better but it's okay."
"i think i need to tell you something." he said.
"what is it?" i looked to sam and he had no idea.
"the guy aubrey went with was your ex." nate exhaled.
"how do you know? what if you thought it was someone similar."
"when he left, later that night i had got home and he was leaving the house after his so called meeting with his manager that he told us and you. then in the morning, i woke up and he was sleeping on the couch with my sister. i knew it was him because you showed him to all of us."
"oh.." i said, my heart breaking a little.

"don't worry, you'll find so much better but i never liked jacob from the start. when he started seeing my sister, i wanted to kill him."
"i don't know what to do nate," he raised his eyebrows.
"i love jack but it feels like we're always arguing. no matter what, we had just forgiven each other the day before the party. when the fight was over at the party, we had argued and i got out of the car, walking the rest of the way home." he looked to me and knew how i felt.

i miss jack finnegan gilinsky. i love him, more than i've ever loved anyone before.