Part 45

Namjoon hurried into the house, stepping out of his shoes by the door.

"What is it, what happened?" He asked.

"Little one had a panic attack at the bakery and she said she saw an orderly from the facility outside but now she won't talk, she's just crying," Jungkook said, sounding a bit teary himself.

Namjoon didn't say anything, just hurried through the kitchen and to the stairs. He climbed them quickly and paused outside her bedroom, listening to the soft sniffles on the other side of the door before knocking softly.

"I'm coming in little one," he said, before pushing the door open and closing it softly behind him. She was curled up atop the blankets on her bed, tail tucked around herself. She swiped at her wet cheeks when he came in, sniffing and blinking.

"O-oppa-" she choked, before a fresh wave of tears hit her and she sobbed again.

Namjoon quickly crossed the room and sat down on the bed, pulling her up into his lap, laying her head on his shoulder.

"Love please tell me what's wrong. Jungkookie said you saw an orderly?" He said, stroking her hair softly.

"Oppa, I - I don't know," she said finally, crying into his shoulder. "I - I thought it was one of the orderlies...but now I don't know. I just got so scared all of the sudden like - I saw a person and I imagined the needle in my arm and the - the-" she gasped, getting short of breath and Namjoon rubbed her back soothingly, shushing her and letting her cry and catch her breath for a moment before she continued.

"It's okay love, tell me how you are feeling," he murmured, his low voice and his gentle touches calming her.

She took a deep breath and looked up at him. "I know I'm not at the facility anymore, and I know you said it's over but sometimes I still think about it and I get scared," she said in a small voice. "And today I saw that person and I...I think I overreacted. And then I was embarrassed," he said, looking down at her lap. Namjoon put his finger under her chin though and made her look up at him.

"It's okay little one. It's normal to still have fear after what you went through. You might see things that make you think of the facility sometimes - but we will be here to help assure you that it's over. But don't be embarrassed, okay?" He asked, searching her eyes.

She nodded, smiling a little. "Okay oppa." She thought for a moment. "I should tell Jungkook," she said. But there was a knock on the door and then it opened and the bunny stood on the other side, looking a bit guilty and shy.

"Sorry little one...but I heard. You don't have to tell me anything. I understand," he said looking at her and then back down, his ears flopping over sadly. "I was only there for a few hours, but I think about it sometimes too. It's normal that you're still scared."

She felt relieved that they seemed to get it, even thought she didn't completely understand her feelings. Seokjin stepped into the doorway behind Jungkook, giving her a sad smile and she let out a tiny whine and reached her arms out and then the two boys in the doorway were crossing the room and piling onto the bed around her with Namjoon, all of them sitting together with their arms around each other. In that moment the fox felt a deep sense of safety and security and she smiled.

"I love you guys," she squeaked.

"We love you more," Namjoon replied, kissing the top of her head between her ears. She felt Jungkook pushing his nose into her back as he nodded, his long ears tickling hers as they flopped with his movement. And finally she smiled.

-

After dinner that evening Jungkook helped Seokjin with the dishes and Namjoon met the fox's gaze, jerking his head for her to follow him from the room. He went to the chair he always sat on when he read and she grinned, grabbing the book they had been reading lately and hopping over to him. She crawled into the chair next to him and he took the book from her but looked at her for a moment before opening it.

"Little one," he began, his tone making her blink up at him in concern.

"What is it oppa?" She asked.

"Remember that time I caught you and Jungkook kissing and I scolded you?" He said.

She blushed immediately at the memory, thoughts of that - her first kiss - and the secret kisses she had shared with Jungkook since then flooding back to her.

"Yes - I remember," she replied, looking down at her fingers.

"Well I just want you to know that...I want you to be happy. And if Jungkook makes you happy...then I...well," he sighed, not sure how to say what he wanted to tell her.

She looked up at him, blinking in disbelief, but didn't interrupt, waiting for him to go on.

"I'm just saying you can do what you want. And Jungkookie..." Namjoon sighed again in frustration at himself, his cheeks going pink. Then he cleared his throat and looked at her. "Am I making sense little one?" He asked, hoping that she knew what he was getting at and wouldn't make him spell it out.

Her eyes were wide and she nodded. "I think so oppa."

"Good. I just. I don't want you to not do something because you think I don't want you to. I'm not in charge of your life. I'm just here to support and care for you. I want you to have every freedom."

She broke into a grin and hugged his waist tightly, nuzzling her face on his neck.

"Thank you oppa."

Namjoon sighed one last time, opening the book and flipping to where they had left off last time.

"That bunny better not make me regret this," he grumbled, before beginning to read.

-

I'm thinking I might need to back this book off to once a week updates but we'll see. My update schedule is in my bio and I'll post a notice if I change it.

Thanks for reading 🖤