#31- I Like You Too

Josh's POV

Fuck. I fucked up, I fucked up. What did Joshua do this time? Ignoring Ethan and his baking equipment of doom I rushed after Simon, getting there seconds too late just as he slammed the door in my face.

'Simon? Hey, Simon, please. Are you ok? Please just let me in. It's me, I'm not going to hurt you, I promise.'

The only response was muffled sobs from behind the door. Fuck, what have I done? I went back to Ethan, who quickly backed up when I approached.

'Relax, it's Josh. Put down the rolling pin.'

'Oh thank fuck.' Ethan began, 'I was getting worried. I did my best to get you back, but it didn't work.' That would explain the growing lump on the back of my head. 'Can we not go five seconds without punching each other?'

'If that didn't work, then how...?'

'You hit him.' Tobi answered. 'Simon, I mean. He tried to stop you from beating the shit out of Ethan, then you hit him and you were you again.'

'God dammit!' How am I supposed to face Simon after what Joshua- what I did? I have to face him, though. I have to make sure he knows I'm sorry before he does anything stupid. I thanked Tobi before running back to Simon's door and leaning against it.

'Look, I'm sorry. I should never have let my guard down, I should never have challenged that motherfucker on the speaker and I... Joshua should never have hit you. I'm sorry for everything. You don't deserve any of this and I'm sorry I've put you through so much shit in the last few days.' I was about to launch into a big soppy monologue of apology before the door opened and I almost fell inside.

'I know it wasn't you. It's not your fault.' Said Simon in a quiet voice as he sat back down on his bed, the tear tracts running down his red cheek obvious in the bright white light.

'Shit, let me see.' I said, walking towards him and gently turning his head so I could see the red mark covering his right cheek. 'Fuck, I'm so sorry.'

Simon grabbed my wrist and smiled sadly. 'It wasn't you. I'm the one who should be sorry, for running out on you.'

'Don't be an idiot. You have every right to run, to... be scared.'

'I'm not, though. I'm not scared of you. Why should I be? I know you would never do that.' Simon replied. I sighed in relief and sat down next to him, taking his hands in mine.

'How are you so... nice, so understanding? Normally when people see me they don't see Josh, they see Joshua or J and they can't seem to separate us. I've even had people tell me I'm faking it, or I'm just doing it for attention.' I felt Simon's hands ball into fists at the last statement. 'How come you're so... different?'

'Because you are. You're nothing like Joshua and I know you'd never do the things he does, let alone the things J does. You're you, and that's great. I like you.' He smiled before blushing furiously. 'I mean, not like like you obviously, I mean, I just, you're a great guy, and...'

'Hey, it's ok. I like you too.'