Picori Festival.

Zelda was thrilled when she found the relics again. She knew that her father had hidden them away but she didn't know where they were until now. She opened the chest up and saw the relics alongside the map.

Link looked down and sighed. In the chest there was a broken shackle, a crossbow, a small sword, a huge jagged sword and a smaller version of the Mastersword. These were the things he and the other Champions had found a hundred years ago with the help of a map drawn my the Yiga Clan. Each of the objects could do something different as each were from one of Link's past lives.

Zelda picked up the smallest sword and holding it up to wipe the dust off it, "This is ready for tonight!" She examined it before giving it to one of her Sheikah escorts to hold.

"I think that's everything..." She got up and patted herself down before turning to Link.

"You gonna wish me luck or what?" Link cocked an eyebrow and smirked at her sarcastically.

"You don't need luck, Link..." She patted him on the head affectionately before chuckling away from him, towards the door.

***

All the croud cheered as the contestants walked out into the open. Because of the construction of Castle Town, Zelda had decided to hold the festival in Hyrule Field.

Many eager swordsmen lined up and bowed to the princess who watched from the croud, surrounded by the Champions. Each of them looked like they were seasoned fighters, each looking overconfident.

The croud would cheer for the people they liked when they entered and booed at the people they didn't.

Link walked into the clearing and the croud blew up. Link looked to Zelda as a few girls swooned again. Zelda just rolled her eyes at him while he smirked back before winking at her.

When Zelda declared the fight to begin, each fighter took up their swords. The people who get nocked down would be evicted.

Link swung the Mastersword down only just missing the chest of the man near to him. When that man got his sword ready for another attack, Link ducked down and jumped out of the way of a sword behind him. With his opponent distracted by the sudden move, Link kicked his leg down on his back, nocking the man to the ground.

Link quickly turned to see what was happening around him. Three men were in a showdown, each trying to impress some girl in the croud. Four other men were battling each other whole the rest just seemed to go from one to the other.

As soon as the straddlers saw that Link was free, they decided to temporarily band together. Link was suddenly surrounded by no more than twenty seasoned fighters!

"Huh," she mused with a small chuckled, "Finally, a challenge!"

All the fighters laughed at him all arrogant in their abilities, "This is just a boy!" One snickered.

"That's the Hero of Hyrule to you!" Link smirked back at them before twirling into action.

Link sprinted forward, dodging three strikes and bringing the Mastersword up into the air. One of them tried to bring their sword down on him but Link did a spectacular stunt. He flipped backwards, avoiding the attack before moving forward and using the hilt of the Mastersword to nock two men to the ground.

More replaced them, one of which was a hooded figure. It was quite easy to get rid of the other men but the hooded figure was a puzzle to Link.

It was almost as if he had fought the hooded figure before... Now he was a challenge.

Throughout their fight, Link never got to even see the man's face and he put up more of a fight than most people would.

In the end, it came down to just those two left, all the others now out of the competition. The hooded man slashed his sword across the side and Link jumped over it and ducked for the next spar.

It felt like ages until the hooded man let his defence down. Link didn't let the opportunity slip and sprinted to the side, butting the man in the stomach with the back of the Mastersword, sending him flying to the ground.

The croud cheered as Link lifted the Mastersword to the air in victory. He went up towards the hooded figure and held out a hand for him. He was the first challenge in the competition, the least he could do is show some respect to the man.

The man hesitated at first before accepting the offer of help. When he was up, the two shook hands.

"You have my respect..." Link smiled at him before putting the Mastersword away.

"Please, take this..." The man's voice was soft, barely even a whisper.

From his cloak, the man took out a small scroll and shoved it into Link's hand before hurrying off into the croud. Link stood there for a moment before stuffing the parchment into his belt pouch and moving towards the Princess.

She held out the Foursword to him as he kneeled in front of her. Carefully he placed his hand on the blade, feeling the ancient magic run through it.

***

That night was full of celebration for the new inhabitants of the castle. For Vaati and Cia, they stayed up late plotting the things they would do when they had control of Hyrule.

Vaati had been disheartened when he had been defeated by Link in the competition but that didn't have to effect their plans. Cia had informed him that their special operative was in position and waiting.

Soon Vaati would be able to get back all that was stolen from him by Link. Soon he would have the opportunity to kill the Hylian boy and tale Zelda again, this time she would not get away!