Chapter 11

I've been tossed around a couple of times, each time hurting more than the last. He's enjoying this, the fact that he has the upper hand. He's that little boy right now, who wanted to do something back then, but couldn't, yet right now, he can.

I'm picked up once again, with his grip on my neck choking me. I try to get him to look me in the eyes, but he's too far gone. A punch is thrown to my stomach, knocking the wind out of me. Another and then another, before I'm shoved back to the ground, where I land hard on my back. I'm exhausted and in pain, with no solution.

I should be doing something right now but I can't. I've never gone any further than what I did with the alpha. Part time lessons with my grandmother, prove that I needed more to learn.

I have no idea on how to stop this, how to release his mind and bring him back to the present. His intention is to kill me, and I have no doubt he'll do it. I can only rely on the mate bond, that tonight will be the night, it proves its power.

I roll onto my stomach, resting my head on the ground and taking much needed breaths, for whatever is next to come.

" Mica." I mumble, calling out to him.

I turn my head in his direction, as my head keeps on pounding.

His feet draw near, until they go out of view, when he leaps up into the air. He changes into his large grey wolf, as he descends and lands above me, the moment I roll back onto my back again. He hovers above me, totally caging me in and leaving no room for me to move.

His wolf growls threateningly at me, looking vicious and ready to kill.

He's ready to kill me. My mate is ready to kill me.

I try to tap into his mind, going against my suspicion of it being almost impossible, since I've used up most of my ability. I shouldn't have enforced anything into his mind, now I'll face the consequences.

His long nails trail up and down my chest area, stopping right where my beating heart is.

" Mica, look at me." There's a disadvantage on my part, since I don't know his wolf's name.

Calling him Mica right now, might feel like an insult to his wolf.

" Look at me, see me and not ------"

I gasp in shock when a tip of his nail pierces into my arm.

A tear slips out of my eye then.

His eyes focus on the tear, and that's when his eyes start shifting back and forth, from blue-black to green. I sigh a bit in relief.

He's conflicted. Good.

I need him to be focused, to listen to me, and not be present in his mind, back to that time.

" Mica, hear your mate, I'm right here." I slowly and carefully shift my head till it's close to his fur. I start rubbing my face against his fur, wanting to get his attention.

My actions grant me what I want, and I earn his eyes. They are no doubt calculating , they make him to stop and to relieve me of the pain. With exhaustion weighing on me, I lean my head back on the ground, since my neck muscles strain from putting too much pressure on it.

I release a shaky breath, the pain on my body not ceasing, especially my right side, which had been bruised too many times now. I close my eyes to take a breather, almost falling asleep. I'm woken up by a low rumble from his chest, a warning.

My eyes pop open just as a scream of agony leaves past my lips. His nails dig into my skin, right into my chest area where my heart is. His eyes are back to being unfocused, and the intention and determination is back. He wants to rip out my heart, not of his mate's, but his enemy.

The pain is like no other I've felt before, nothing compares to it. It's excruciating, burning, and mind blowing. I'm simply being ripped apart now.

All I can do is look into his eyes as his fingers still in place, he hasn't entered dangerous territory, but he's near. If he goes any deeper, he'll surely kill me.

I don't know why he suddenly stops , but I take this to my advantage, moving my hand to clutch onto his soft coat of fur, with the little strength I have. The wolf above me groans at the feeling of my touch.

My breathing is uneven and slow now, all measured. I feel dizzy and blood rises to my neck, making it hard to breathe. I start coughing , the blood coming out of my mouth, and my head is pushed to the side.

With this action given, it makes it bearable to cough, but even then, my body is weakening. I can feel it. My eyes close on their own but I'm still conscious. The nails in my chest retract, causing me to whimper at the pain, but still I don't open my eyes.

I feel blood seeping out from the spot and I know, I'm losing a lot of blood already. My head is nudged gently, it's the wolf, trying to wake me up. He wants to see my eyes, it'll be the only indication for him that I'm alive, but I can't.

I can't do it, my eyes don't allow me to do so. They refuse, just like the rest of my body. With my inner strength, with only a tap from my energy, I continue on with the mission in hand, releasing and withdrawing, all that poison from his heart.

This had to be done, though I could have taken a different approach, with the process being much longer, but with time limited, I had to speed up the process.

I might not have served as the desired mate, I longed to be for him. At the very least, I helped him somehow.

I might have risked my life, but now I've served part of my purpose and I'm happy with that.

I feel it, my body slipping away just when I hear a whimper, then a snap.

I'm not even sure where the sounds are coming from, but all I know is that I slip away, where I need to be.

In the presence of my mate.

*****************************

So this chapter is a bit shorter but I still hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you for reading.