CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

Sol had made the ridiculous climb to the temple at the peak of the island. Luke had given her the directions and she had set off early to try to get some meditating in before Rey and Luke would appear. The old master had eventually agreed to try to train Rey.

Sol Sat in front of a small stone circle, water covering a beautiful stone picture depicting the dark and light sides, two people, back-to-back, one made of a white stone, the other of a black stone. There a was a tranquility that surrounded the area. Taking a deep breath, Sol closed her eyes and dived into the force bond. Something had been nagging at her to check on Kylo. When she opened her eyes again, she was in their white room, alone. Seconds later he appeared looking disheveled and distracted. His cloak was hanging off one shoulder as if he had rushed to put in on. His eyes looked tired wide, his hair disheveled and partly covering his face. He was taking labored breaths as his chest rose and fell quickly.

"What happened?" Sol asked standing suddenly.

"Rey." Was all he said.

"What about her?"

"We have a force bond."

It was like someone had dumped water from the coldest ocean upon her and Sol's lips parted in a silent gasp.

"How do you know?"

"I was getting my scar taken care of and there was this weird feeling. It's not like when I connect with you, it was," he paused. "Different. Tense. But when I looked up Rey was there. I couldn't see any of her surroundings. She tried to shoot me. I tried to get Skywalkers map from her but couldn't-" Kylo's words were jumbled and frantic. She put a hand up to stop him.

"Could you hear her? Did she talk to you?" Sol asked and he nodded slowly, his breathing slowly leveling out.

"Do you know why this could be happening? We didn't voluntarily establish it as we did." Kylo said starting to pace. Sol licked her lips, her mind reeling for answers.

"I don't know. The only thing I can think of is that someone else established it. By communicating through it you only strengthen it." She said. The disappointment of not being able to provide the soild answer he wanted was a heavy feeling. He turned to her, cloak swinging behind him.

"Aren't you all powerful with the force? Shouldn't you know how this all works?" He said, voice rising with his temper.

"I am learning about the force every day so no; I am not all knowing about it. Why don't you ask your precious Supreme Leader if he knows since you consider him your mentor?" Sol's voice reflecting Kylo's in intensity. She huffed and clenched her jaw, curling and uncurling her fingers into her fists.

"If it happens again let me know. Until then I will try to find an answer for you." She said voice softening.

"I'll see you then."