Part 5 - The Coffee Shop

*Billie's POV*

I woke up the next day excited to see Matty. He left me buzzing last night in the kitchen when he kissed my forehead. It gave me butterflies just thinking about him. I checked the time. It was ten o clock. I'd slept in. But it didn't matter. It was nice, not having to go to that stupidly shitty job every day. I wondered if it was too soon to text Matty and find out when he was picking me up. I decided against it, I didn't want to look too clingy. I really liked Matty. I really did. But I wouldn't tell him.

Not yet.

I decided to get up and get ready. I had a shower, did my hair up into a messy bun and put on some mascara. I wore dark denim skinny jeans and a white tee shirt, with a leather jacket over the top. It was cold. I stacked on a head of braided bracelets and put on a long-chained gold necklace with an arrow pendant. After tying a red bandana like a headband I was ready. Just as I came out of my room, there was a knock at my door. I took a deep breath and opened it. Matty stood in his signature black skinny jeans and a black long-sleeved shirt, as well as a leather jacket and combat boots. His hair was messy, but it was absolute perfection.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi. Ready to go?" He asked, holding his arm out. I nodded and looped my arm through his.

We went downstairs to the carpark and Matty opened the car door for me. I blushed and thanked him. Once we were both in the car Matty started to drive, weaving down side streets and alleys. The pouting rain pounded against the windshield. "Where is this coffee shop?" I asked. He smiled. "Here," He said, parking the car. We got out and I took in the sight of the cafe. It was a small shop, with a little outdoor area guarded by clear roll-down plastic to stop the rain that was falling from getting in. There were a few couches and a swing seat in the outdooor area. There were glass coffee tables and one of those outdoor heaters. Matty smiled when he saw how much I liked it. "I love this place, I come here all the time." He said, taking my hand and leading me to the counter to order something. I smiled.

*Matty's POV*

I led Billie to the counter to order. I saw Mary, one of my best friends. She had purple hair and a nose piercing. She'd worked at the coffee shop for a few years. She owned it now. "Hey, Matty. The regular?" She asked. "Oh, is this Billie?" She asked. I gvae her a glare, she shouldn't have said that. Now Billie will know I've been talking about her. She's all I think about. All I talk about. "Yes, this is Billie. Billie, this is Mary," I said. Mary smiled and shook Billie's hand over the counter. "Okay, well I know Mattty's order, but what'll it be for you hun?" she asked Billie. Mary was only three years older than me, but she always acted like she was forty. "I'll have a flat white, thanks." She said. Billie was so beautiful, but she didn't see it.

We decided to sit outside. It was cold, but the heater kept us warm enough and the plastic kept the rain out. Mary brought us our drinks and a slice of carrot cake each. She said the carrot cake was on the house, but I slipped her a fifty into her apron when she wasn't looking. She had a baby boy at home, she needed the help. She frowned but mouthed a grateful thank you, taking the money. Her dickhead ex bailed as soon as he found out she was pregnant with Riley. He was two years old. He was like a nephew to me, because Mary was like a sister.

I was protective of her, because no one else was.

*Billie's POV*

I sat next to Matty, so close I could hear his breathing. He talked for a while, but after that, we just stopped. We were silent, thinking. I thought about how nice this was. Good coffee, nice place, even better company. I noticed that Matty was staring at me. "Stop that," I blushed. "Stop what?" he laughed. "Stop staring at me," I said. He laughed. "Billie, it isn't against the law to stare at someone. And it's justified when they're beautiful." He said, making me blush. I brought my coffee up to my lips to cover up my blushing. He laughed. I bit my lip. "Wait, don't move." He said, taking out his phone. "What?" I said, freezing in place. "Is it a bug?" I asked. Matty laughed. "No, I have to take a picture. You just look really really beautiful right now." He said, snapping a picture. I blushed. "Sorry, that's probably really weird." He laughed. I shook my head. "I get it." I said. He smiled and met my eyes, properly. His eyes were dark and intense. "Matty, thanks for bringing me here, it's really nice." I said, closing my eyes and sighing, breathing in the fresh, clean, rain-scented air.

*Matty's POV*

I wanted to kiss her, right then and there. But I couldn't. Not yet. I hardly knew her. But I really did what to kiss her. I'd tell her how I felt at some point, just not yet.

Not yet.

*Billie's POV*

Matty drove me to his place so we could hang out. I'd need to come over for rehearsals anyway, no point in driving more. Well that was my excuse anyway. I just wanted to spend more time with him. "Tea?" He asked. I nodded, even though I'd just had a coffee at the coffee shop.

Matty bustled in the kitchen and busied himself making us both a cup of tea, so I followed him, sitting on the one of the bar stools lined along his bench.

He was humming to himself. I smiled.

"So are you excited for the show on Saturday?" I asked. He nodded. "It'll be fun. It's only a smallish gig, but I love those gigs the best." He grinned. I smiled, looking forward to it. It would be the first The 1975 with backup singers. I hoped the fans wouldn't mind. It scared me a little. "What wrong?" He said, sitting on a stool across the marble bench from me.

"Oh, it's nothing. I'm just a bit anxious about the fans and how they'll react to you having backup singers. I hope they like me. And Brittany." I said.

"Speaking of Brittany - did you know her and Adam are going out, like, properly now?" He asked. I felt my eyes widen. "Of course. Adam was practically drooling over her." I laughed. "I just hope she doesn't break his heart." I said, thinking out loud. "They're just girls, breaking hearts..." He sang quietly. I smiled and blushed a little. "You're so frickin pretty, you know that right?" He whispered. I blushed bright red, and I knew it.

"No I'm not. Brittany, in the other hand, she's gorgeous-" I started, before he cut me off.

"She's fake." Matty said. "You're beautiful. You're - you're wonderful." He whispered. My face was so red, I could feel it. "Don't blush. It's true," he said. "And you know it." He said, tucking a bit of hair behind my ear.

He stared at me, across the kitchen bench. It was dark, because of all the rain clouds, and quiet, apart from the sound of the rain falling outside. To my right there was a big glass sliding door, that led out onto a deck. "So what are we going to do?" I asked.

"Well, I could just stare at you, but you might get bored. Put on a movie?" He asked. There was that smile again. I melted. "Y-yeah. Okay. What movie?" I asked.

"I have a few, just look in that drawer over there," he said, leading me into his living room. There was a big black couch and two armchairs to the left of the room, with a cream rug underfoot. There was a huge plasma TV on top of a black TV cabinet, with an Xbox, Playstation and what looked like a million DVDs. A black coffee table sat in the middle of the room. I walked over to the cabinet as Matty flung himself onto the big couch. I flicked through the DVDs. "I don't know. What genres do you like?" I asked.

"Horror." We both said at the same time. "The Conjuring it is then." I said. I stuck the DVD into the player, bending over to push play. I heard Matty exhale deeply. "Better bit be staring at my ass, Healy." I said, coming back to the couch. "Me? Never." He said, opening his arms. I sat on the couch, next to him. "Not close enough." He whispered as the movie started. I sighed and cuddled up closer to him. He was sitting up against the arm of the couch, and I was leaning against him. "Better," he said, smiling and kissing my forehead.

Hey. I really like this chapter, sorry I haven't updated in ages. I got a The 1975 shirt! Agh! :) x Stay tuned.