3

Evan's POV:

After being abandoned in the middle of our driveway, I made my way into our home. All the kids were overjoyed to see their loving, funny, superhero daddy... but all I got was a half-ass hug and a peck on the lips.

Maybe he was just ready to see the kids... he does love them.

I smile to myself and sit on the staircase, watching the three of them bombard their father with stories, hugs, and jokes. 

Scott's phone goes away and all of his attention goes to them. He's always been such a great dad to them, even if he does miss milestone things like first steps and first words.

After about twenty minutes, I see Mason yawn and decide it's time for him to go down.

"Guys why don't you ask daddy to tuck you in?" I suggest, looking at Scott.

His bright smile fades and nods his head, "Mason, come on kid!" He says, scooping up the boy and going past me up the stairs. The girls follow, both of them pecking my cheek as the pass me.

I sigh and drag myself up the stairs and to the master bedroom, closing the double doors behind me.

Second time's a charm, right?

I untie my blush colored robe and line it strategically along my breasts. I sit on my knees on the center of the bed and wait for Scott to come in.

The doors open and he glances at me as he presses the door closed.

"Lock it, yeah?" I whisper.

He grins and does what I ask, walking over to the bed. He's still dressed in his suit and tie, so I grab the tie and pull him into my lips.

"I missed you." I whisper, being as seductive and sexy as I know how to be.

He brushes his lips against mine and I feel his fingertips on my thigh, "I missed you too, Evan."

"Show me how much, baby." I plead, biting my lip with desperation in my eyes. I need this.

He stays quiet and kisses me several more times, teasing me.

"Not tonight, I'm exhausted." Four words to make me feel stupid.

I sigh, noticeably.

"What?" He growls, looking disappointed.

"You've been gone for damn near a month, Scott. I've been here, working and balancing all three of the kids schedules. I've been alone. You get home and you're suddenly too tired to get it up for the mother of your kids and wife?" My frustration has been building since he left, I knew it'd snap.

He pulls his hand over his face and loosens his tie, "Evan, I'm sorry. I can't have sex with you every single night. I work, I'm stressed and tired." He makes excuses and I quickly tie my robe back.

"Are you sleeping with her again?" I ask, being blunt.

Scott and I have had issues in the past, but I was assured that they were left in the past.

A few years ago I caught him screwing his assistant. It took a toll on us and we nearly split because of it, but we held it together for the kids. When I found out, he was displaying he exact same behaviors he is now.

"Seriously, Evan?" He gripes, starting to undress.

"What else am I supposed to think, Scott? You never want to touch me when you are here, and most of the time you're gone for weeks at a time. We used to be so good in bed, Scott. Do you really think I'm going to believe that your preferences just magically changed?" I ask, resentment in my voice from stirring the old trauma.