𝚡𝚡𝚡𝚟𝚒. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚐𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚝'𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚒𝚘𝚗

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

     Packing for school has never felt more like a fruitless chore than it did today. Cress's bags surround her, her trunk wide open as Scout flies around her head like those birds from those cartoons. Her clothes are splattered around her like a sea, only a small circle of floor visible like an island she's stranded on. She can't find anything worth taking back with her. Not even her robes seem fitting enough to return to Hogwarts on September first.

     Certainly, Cress doesn't feel the slightest bit fitting. Feels a bit like a disappointment, even though the trial ended in her victory.

     Surprising, isn't it? Cress was thoroughly shocked when the majority of hands that were raised were in favor of her returning to Hogwarts. The council didn't seem too pleased at the decision; Fudge's own face was painted scarlet with disappointment as Cress left the meeting room that very day.

     She supposes she could feel relieved for the change of events. Truthfully, the dark cloud of doubt circling above her made Cress believe that she would be wallowing at Sirius's house for the remainder of her life, collecting cobwebs and allergens from cleaning the house so much. But, she's going back to Hogwarts. She's a sixth year. She's passed her O.W.L.s. Yay.

     "You don't really want to go back, do you?" Harry asks, throwing one of her lone shirts into a random case.

     Cress leans back on her hands, mulling the answer over. "Dunno," she replies honestly, staring at the intricate details on the ceiling. "Do you want to go back?"

     "Yes," he says quickly, tossing in some socks next. "Living with the Dursley's is like being in hell. Hogwarts is the only place I truly feel safe."

     "Mhm, way to make it corny, Potter," Cress gags out in faux disgust, throwing her own Hufflepuff tie into a laundry bag. It's probably not dirty, but she isn't too sure if anything here is actually clean. "Just say you like to feel like a princess in a castle."

     "Can't really do that when I share my dormitory with four other boys." Harry throws her an odd look over his shoulder, adjusting his glasses. "Also, I don't have a handkerchief to flap when I'm in distress. Get me one of those and then we can talk."

     Cress reaches over and throws him a scarf. "Here. Wave it out of the Gryffindor Tower and I'll come save you. Swoop in on a dragon just for you, Harry dear."

     "My knight in shining armor." Harry waves it eagerly, snickering. Cress cracks a smile, pushing her hair out of her face.

     Today is the day they're meant to be packing. Mrs. Weasley and her mum went to Diagon Alley to retrieve their books for the upcoming term. At the moment, they were supposed to be searching the house for their lost (stolen) items to stow into their trunks. Everyone else but Harry and Cress had went off a long time ago while Cress retired to her room, Harry following because he didn't "feel like doing much yet."