𝚡𝚕. 𝚐𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚛

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

     The Slytherin common room was a place that Cress believed that she would never see in her entire life. She thought it was a dank dungeon with snakes crawling about it like the students were living in a zoo rather than a dorm. Axel said he's been in there before -- for what, Cress has no clue -- and even his recollections of the nasty place made Cress believe it was hell on earth rather than somewhere livable for the students.

     She's finally entered the Slytherin common room, and she wishes that she wouldn't have.

     It's a lot more sophisticated than what Cress was imagining. There is still the atmosphere of torture and doom when she walks in, but it's. . . warmer than she was expecting. The sofas are leather and very comfortable, but they sit in front of a green fire -- Slytherin pride, yay! -- and she really hates looking at it for obvious reasons.

     There's a giant pane of glass on the far wall that gives the students a look into the Black Lake that Cress has to avert her eyes away from because it reminds her of the time last term where she was dragged down to the icy pits of the lake because a merman wanted to shag her. Gross.

     Other than that, the Slytherin common room, despite the fact that it's filled with, you know, Slytherins, is a really cozy place. She would never admit this aloud and that is why, when Jonah asks her how she likes it, she says, "It's absolutely disgusting. Where are the chains and shackles? The bed of nails that you sleep on?"

     "Har, har." Jonah pushes her shoulder with an amused grin. "We keep our bed of nails locked away so guests don't get too timid."

     "What courtesy, Mr. Spencer. I had no idea Slytherins were so kind."

     Jonah and Marigold make a face at Cress's words, gagging silently. Jonah throws his bag on the leather couch that Cress wants to sit on but can't because of the blasted fire in front of it, and says, "Don't go around saying that, Diggory. People will start thinking things and then we'll have a right conniption. We've got an image to maintain."

     "Well, if you'd show me your bed of nails and children whom you haunt, then I could let you keep your image up," Cress replies, going over to an empty table and taking a seat. The entire room glows in green, a soft one that makes Cress's skin tingle.

     "We can't show you the children, Crescent," Marigold says. "That's a trade Slytherin secret that no outsider is supposed to know about, which means we have to kill you now."

     "Godric, please do," Cress begs, throwing her head down on the table. "Anything would be better than Jonah griping at me because I'm not 'paying attention to his lessons.'"

     Jonah scoffs, taking his wand out and pointing it as Cress. "I swear I will avada you right now, say another negative thing about my tutelage."