Chapter 12: The Mage tournament.

On the day of lighting, the last day before the tournament, Alice was in her lavish bedrrom in the Marcellus mansion, plotting on how best to humiliate Rosalie during their battle in a way that would make the audience laugh at Rosalie mercilessy and in a way that would make her look elegant and refined and not stain her character. She was having trouble finding a way to meet both requirements though...

Riley and Cornelius were in the library, Cornelius was trying to beat all the most visually appealing yet useful spells into Riley's head so that she would be able to captivate the audience in the arena. Riley was trying to get everything in her head but the long and complicated names of the spells were were making the process longer.

Rosalie Standburg was grinning to herself at the thought of Alice taking a bite out of the rosenplum and her mouth filling with the stinking black goo from inside the fruit she had given her. She laughed thinking that Alice's foul mouth. That stupid Alice thought she was better than Rosalie just because she was a rank or two above her. She would show her at the tournament who was better than who. Rosalie had spent months ever since the last tournament perfecting her families secret Flower magic technique that was sure to make her beat Alice. She couldn't wait to beat Alice infront of the whole arena tomorrow. As for that dark haired-girl Alice was with, she planned to observe her to see just what kind of mage she was, and too see if she was worth sucking-up-to.

The knight's from the Knights Order who were boarding within the palace started to place bets on who the winner would be. Lucian didn't take part in the gamble, because he didn't believe in throwing away money carelessy, unlike the many very wealthy knights that belonged to the order, but if he had he would have placed his bets on Riley. Maybe a few coins on the very beautiful Lady Alice. Lucian layed bck in bed and thought about the gorgeous Lady Marcellus.

Down in the general sect of the Gismead, the commoners talked excitedly about the Mage tournament. This was their chance to get a glimpse of the shinning nobles that were always so far out of their reach. They would get to see the wealth and power and beauty of those that ran their kingdom. The commoners in the pub also wanted to cheer on one of their own who had qualified to become a Royal Mage. A talented hardworking boy who had grown up on the mean streets of the poorer side of Gismead, who had through sheer determination made it into the Royal Mage Society. His parents, his friends, his family would all be at the arena tomorrow to come and support him.

On the East side of Gismead, where the docks and the harbour was located, guests from the other nations stepped of their boats to come and watch the tournament. These nobles from the other kingdoms didn't come to Gismead just to watch the tournament and have a good time, they primarily came to see what kind of power Girannon had at its disposal, what kind of mages they had in their courts, and were they greater than the powers of their own kingdoms.

That night, the whole of Gismead slept restlessly; eagerly awating the tournament.

Finally the Day of Wind was here. Poeple got our of their beds early and put on their best clothes to wear to the tournament.

At the Marcellus house, the family wasnt only there to watch their daughter participate in the competition, they wre there to promote their household as being very capable in educating the the youth on magic. Since the Marcellus's ran the Royal Mage Society, they had to show that they were th best family for the job. The tournament had to be as spectacular as possible and they had to look the part. Lord Marcellus wore his military uniform that was highly decorated with badges of honour and medals and sache's, to show his prowess and show off all his accomplishments. Cornelius also wore his highly decorated Knights Order uniform. Lady Marcellus wore another stunning gown. A silk gown with jewels and beads sewn in, that fitted her slim figure perfectly: