Chapter 16

Second day of Lauren's disappearance

"What do you mean you don't know anything about her!" Clara says nervously as Lauren's friends stood at her door affected at the problem at hand.

"Mrs. Jauregui We have done everything from calling her to even going to her work and asking if she had a shift yesterday but they told us she didn't show up!" Dinah says to Clara nervously as she looks at the other two girls who are nodding their heads at the words being said. Clara was in a weird stage of worry, anger and confusion at what's is being said by her daughters friends.

"We even went to her house but there wasn't anyone and we thought maybe she decided to stay with you guys!" Normani says once Dinah is finished and gesturing with her hands at the house.

"We wanted to make sure she was with you before calling the police!" Everyone seemed to be shaken up by the fact that their friend might really be missing. Clara's eyebrows furrow slightly.

"Now you are calling the police! That should've been yesterday, you girls should have called me!" Clara's voice raises in anger at them as she hurries inside the house grabbing the house phone and calling the police. The three friends make their way inside the house without asking permission it was clear this was no joking matter. They tried to keep their cool the first day they didn't hear from Lauren, but they knew it wasn't usual the lack of communication between them seeing as they always took out of their time to at least maintain a short conversation.

"I'd like to file a missing person report for My daughter!" Clara's voice is shaky and unstable as she talks on the phone.

"Ma'am did you try and reach the person you are looking for? Where was the last place you have seen them?" The male voice ask Clara.

"Her friends have been trying to contact her for a day now and she didn't show up for work yesterday!" Clara signals the girls to come closer as she then covers the phone. "Where was the last place you girls were with her?" Clara ask, the three of them responded quickly as clara then gives the information.

Fast forward to present

There's an unspoken agreement in the Jauregui's household as they try to maintain their normalcy during this tough situation. But everything is far from being normal. The sound of spoons and forks clattering against plates seem to be the only sound in the dining table. Everyone seem to have the same gloomy expression. Clara's food mostly remains untouched, Chris couldn't stop bouncing his foot, Michael seemed to be forcing himself to eat and Taylor seemed to struggle keeping her eyes open.

To outside people they would say that the Jauregui family has been nothing but self composed during the disappearance of their daughter which caused some speculation, but behind closed doors they were barely holding themselves together. This was the advice they were given and have to follow through. But that advice was one they had to follow once they're outside its not how they should act around their own family as if they must keep their feelings at secrecy. This is what's made every single one of them a walking time bomb that only needs just the tiniest of sparks
to create an explosion.

Everyone is on edge since since the disappearance. It's like every single family member was living seperate lives in the same  house hold. Surely what was supposed to unify them has torn them apart. Michael and Clara clearly don't have a clue as to what Chris or Taylor do in fact they don't even have the time to speak about it themselves most of their time being spent on work endless searches for their daughter, but they don't talk about it they just share the same bed.

There's always a deafening silence in the house, Taylor and Chris have stopped fighting and were more focused on letting another day go by.

Taylor just hopes that Lauren didn't believe all those nasty things she said to her at dinner just because she was mad at her. God knows she's loosing sleep because of it, if she could take everything back she would, but crying herself until the sun comes up and she has to go to school might not be the best thing to do but how can she get rid of that heavy sinking feeling in her chest?

Taylor has lost her appetite picking up her plate and placing it in the sink she heads to her room where that feeling in her chest grows so strong to the point that is suffocating her.

Lauren's old bunk bed stays the same as well at what used to be "her side of the room" the poster, the old iPod placed on a cheap radio where just as she left it two months ago when she decided to stay the night just because she wanted to spend a little more time with her family.

-----

"I shall give you one last chance for you to eat, I have been losing my patience with you so I suggest you do as I say, darling" Lauren didn't see the point in being obligated to eat, either way she might die of starvation or murdered by the hands of her captor. She didn't know which one would be the quickest but at least if she dies from starvation her captor wouldn't have the pleasure in torturing her, or can she? What if she tortures her to death while she's starving? Lauren thinks for a second as she watches the pair of brown eyes stare at her.

"Always a charmer aren't you?" Lauren ask her as if dismissing what she said. "What can be worse that what you have done to me?" Lauren ask gritting her teeth in anger and confusion. "Why? Why did it have to be me? I'm not suggesting that you should have picked someone else, but I just want to know the reason behind all of this!" Camila leans forward on the bed so she can make better eye contact with Lauren.

"Because you're special" Camila says standing up and leaving Lauren with no real answer.

|-/
A/n:

Hello ladies, feel free to correct me in grammar mistakes, any way heres another chapter, don't forget to support this story!
Sorry for not posting anything in awhile college has been taking most of my time.
Buenos días o buenas noches chicas espero que hayan disfrutado de este capitulo! 💙