Chapter 22: I Don't Have To Worry Do I?

Author's Note: Hey all! It's the weekend; so I'm updating! So yesterday I posted my new story, Losing Grip. If you haven't already, could you check it out? I'd love to know what you all think! But yeah, the next chapter will be more eventful, like more stuff will happen. 

Check out that picture. ----------------------------------------------->

That's who I've decided to play Ryder- I think he's pretty gorgeous.

       “Australia as in….the country?” I ask shocked.

        “And the continent.” Ryder adds.

        “We’re going to Australia?”

        “We are.”

        “Wait, but why is Jansen’s party in Australia? I mean he’s only turning nineteen.”

        “Jansen’s dad lives in Australia; his parents are divorced.”

        “O…kay then.”

        “I mean, we don’t have to go if you don’t want to.”

        “No, no I want to go. It sounds fun. I love Australian accents; almost as much I British accents.”

Ryder chuckles, and says, “I’m not surprised.”

        “So how long are we staying? And how are we even gonna get there?”

        “About two weeks; and Jansen’s dad is pretty stacked; he’s gonna send his private jet.”

        “So tomorrow you say?”

Ryder nods again, “Yeah.”

        “I thought you said you didn’t have any friends?”

        “Well Jansen’s kinda my friend; sorta. Well he thinks of me a friend enough to invite me to his party; and you’re my plus one.”

        “Do you think your parents would actually let me go?”

        “I’m sure they would.”

        “Well then great.” I say. Just then I involuntarily sneeze, and Ryder raises his eyebrows at me. “I’m not sick.”

        “Face it; you’re sick.” He disagrees.

        “I am not.” I argue, pulling the cover over me, and flipping over; lying on my stomach. “I was only in the rain for a little while.” I feel the bed move a little; and then Ryder’s hand is on my back, rubbing it soothingly.

        “Let’s just get some sleep; okay?”

I nod, closing my eyes as I am actually pretty tired. Ryder gets out of the bed and then turns his light off. I hear a zipper unzip and I take from that that he’s changing into his sleeping clothes. A few minutes later he’s next to me in the bed. I shirt; and lay my head on Ryder’s outstretched arm, and curl up in the warmness of him. Ryder kisses my forehead and then covers us with the cover.

The next morning I wake up with a pounding headache. I slowly force my eyes open, and I’m nearly blinded by the ray of sunshine filing in through the blinds of Ryder’s window. He really should get some curtains to prevent me from eventually going blind. I pick my head up from Ryder’s arm, and carefully take his arm off of my waist. I get out of the bed; and Ryder fidgets in the bed; pulling the cover over his head. He is so not a morning person.