06| PASTA

A lot was happening at the same time: Haley apologizing for leaving me unsupervised, Hector and Courtney fighting, the half naked girl still crying. It was hectic, but entertaining because it reminded me of my old pack.

Primrose always was bickering with her dad and our house was always open, so pack members came in all the time sometimes with their dramas or fights that my aunt had to solve.

"Silence!", Edward raised his voice over the noise, making everyone go silent.

"This is not how I want my mate to be introduced to my house", he added sighing.

They all lowered their heads and I shook my head at him. I didn't mind, I hope he understood that. He broke our eye contact and stared at Haley for her to start her story.

"Lady Celeste was hungry so I suggested that I would put away her stuff and I would get someone to accompany her to the kitchens. I had mind linked Leslie and she told me she would, but apparently didn't",

All the eyes went to the crying girl and I realized that was Leslie. Edward growled at her and she immediately stopped and showed her neck at him. I noticed three big hickeys and felt a bit uncomfortable. This was getting too predictable.

"Where were you, Leslie?", he demanded.

"With sir Hector, master Hampton", she admitted looking down, her face growing paler by the passing seconds.

"Doing what?",

Edward kept looking at her, since she didn't answer right away. She was too embarrassed to admit it, but everybody already knew. Somewhere I felt bad that she had to say it out loud.

"What did you do to her?", he turned to Hector, who just smirked.

He started to disgust me.

"We just had fun, brother", he shrugged.

Hector was his brother? I only saw the resemblance now, the same blue eyes and straight Roman nose. Other than that they differed: black and blond hair. Edward gave him a stern glare.

"And what about you?", he nodded at Courtney.

"They fucked in my bed", she was brutally honest.

My jaw dropped. An awkward silence fell and I really pitied Courtney. Edward and the other man, who had introduced himself as Jonathan, growled at Hector. It didn't look like he actually cared,  but I could see a glimpse of uncertainty.

"I'm going to settle my mate in and then I'll have a talk with you", Edward warned him. 

Hector scoffed and walked away with some attitude. Jonathan rolled his eyes and took Courtney with him, promising her he'll give her a new room.

Haley grabbed Leslie and hurried away until it was just Edward, Ian and I. I turned to my mate and he held his hand out for me.

"You were hungry?",

I nodded and he pulled me along through the mansion. Everything looked so expensive and I get overwhelmed. This was a place where I was going to live in.

We went through what seemed a million hallways until we reach a small door that lead to a ginormous kitchen. It was empty and I wondered if he had his own personal cook?

"You can continue your tasks, Ian", Edward told him.

He nodded and left us in a hurry. I felt bad that he felt somehow uncomfortable and didn't want him to be scared of getting close to me.

"Do you like pasta?",

Edward rolled his sleeves up and exposed his thick and muscular arms. My eyes were glued on them and I could see his veins popping out. To me they were the most beautiful pair of arms I've ever seen.