chapter 21

wooyoung san

to tell the truth, he was more than a little nervous for his date with wooyoung.

sure - he had been the one to initiate the idea, but that didn't change the fact he was nervous as fuck.

he couldn't stop changing into a different outfit every time he thought he was satisfied with his appearance, and it didn't help that he no longer could turn to his friends for advice on his clothes.

his heart sank as his eyes fixated on his phone, at the neglected group chat no one had been active on for a while now. he wondered if yeosang was staring at his the same thing through his phone, feeling any kind of guilt as his fingers typed and deleted countless messages.

but that wasn't important at the moment. what was important was looking good enough for wooyoung to never flirt with anyone else ever again.

maybe san was insecure, but could you blame him? he had never received love for most of his life, always distrustful to any form of affection just in case the giver took it away as suddenly at it had been given.

most people only felt sorry for him, but wooyoung wasn't like them. for the first time in his life, san really felt there was someone who liked him for him, and didn't feel a duty to stay with him just because of their guilt.

someone he could be honest with and trust.

maybe it was too soon to be so optimistic about their relationship, but wooyoung... was wooyoung.

that was explanation enough. the other lifted san's mood by all the little things he did, even if he didn't realise he was doing them.

san loved the way wooyoung held him at night when he couldn't sleep. he loved the way he kissed his cheeks and poked his dimples. he loved his laugh, the way its sweet sound filled san up and burst his heart into a million new hearts all created with the purpose of loving everything about him.

it was like that, when you really cared about someone. suddenly, nothing was about you, or anyone else, except for them. you began to see them in every colour, hear them in every song. think about them even when they weren't with you.

yeah, san was whipped.

he chucked aside yet another coat hanger, checking the time and nibbling his lip nervously.

go simple. you don't want to look like you're trying too hard.

wooyoung hadn't even told him where they were going, so san had no idea what the dress code should be. he supposed nothing too fancy, as it was midday not evening, which gave him the idea it was something cliché like an amusement park.

amusement park, amusement park... the black turtle neck? san rolled his eyes at his own indecisiveness.

in the end, he pulled on an oversized white shirt and khaki jacket, complete with denim jeans and minimum accessories. he probably would have changed again, but he was running out of time to meet wooyoung on time.

his boyfriend had told him to meet him in the parking lot (romantic, right?) and he would drive them for the date. wooyoung has been acting a little weirdly since the day at the café, but san suspected it was just nerves for their date, the same as him.

shaking off his lingering anxieties, san took a deep breath and pushed the dorm door open, striding as confidently as he could and twice as he felt towards the exit. with every step, he wanted to turn around and run away, but he forced himself to keep walking and suck it up because he had nothing to be nervous about.